List of phone compatible to t-mobile plan

A

AC Question

I want to buy a regular cell phone ( not smart phone) for my Mother ( just for calling and receiving calls) and want to get a sim card from T-mobile with this phone. I have an existing T-mobile plan and still have one more room for another line. Do you have a list of cell phone ( brand, type, etc) that is compatible to t-mobile plan?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! A list like that would be impractical to maintain, since there are new phones being introduced every week, it seems. You need a GSM phone (not CDMA), and one that is compatible with T-Mobile's spectrum. So for 3G and 4G LTE, it would need to be able to use Band 2 (1900 MHz) and Band 4 (1700/2100 MHz), and in some regions Band 12 (700 MHz). If you do a web search for "[phone name] network bands," you can usually find this information. The phone also has to be carrier unlocked, which will usually be specified in the informational material

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Since she won't be using data (if it's not a smart phone), 3G and 4G don't matter.

The bands used by TMobile are in the chart at Cellular frequencies - Wikipedia but all you have to be concerned with are the Voice Frequencies. (If she wants to use it for email as well, 2G - voice - is usually fast enough that it can handle the data for email. (Instead of taking 1/4 second to send an email, it'll take a whole second.)

Also, a non-data plan (if she won't be using email) is cheaper for you.

(Texting is the same as voice, so you'll probably be getting both on the cheapest plan.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair