How do you uninstall CM Security?

A

AC Question

I installed CM Security and now I can't get into Settings, email, gmail, etc. When my Moto GExt is first turned on, the screen comes up to enter your swipe pattern password. I get to the Home screen, but then any attempt to open an app, the screen comes up again and does not recognize the pattern I enter as my password. At this point, I need to remove all CM Security and associated apps. Thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And make sure the app didn't make itself an administrator.

Also, never install anything from Cheetah Mobile - they have no idea how Android works, they just want you to make money by writing apps that do more harm than good.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you're still having problems to uninstall that app you could try a couple of things.

As Rukbat said maybe it's set as an administrator. Go to settings - security - device administrators and check if it's included in that list. If so uncheck and try to uninstall.

If you still have problems maybe you'll need to boot your phone into safe mode and then repeat this process. Tell us how it goes.

CharChaplin

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
The latest version is having a pretty absurd problem (at least for me). It's set as device admin and has "advanced protection" checked in lock options so that that can't be disabled. I try to uncheck advanced protection and what happens? I check that settings page again, and it wasn't disabled. Crazy right?! What should I do?

Pushpks

Mar 31, 2016
Visit site
First of all Try to change the theme of your smart phone. After that uninstall the "CM Security" App.

If this doesn't work then follow the given process:
1. Open the "CM Security" App.

1.png

2. Now Click on the Menu button on the upper right corner of the window. You will find this kind of view--

2.png

3. Now Click on the "Settings icon" (Cogwheel type) on the upper right corner.
You will have this--

3.png

4. Now scroll down till end and you will have this window--

4.png

5. Click on the Last Option that says "Cannot Uninstall CM Security?"
You must have this kind of window--

5.png

6. Click on Continue and follow the steps.

---------------------------------------------------
I hope now you are able to uninstall this "CM Security" App.
Enjoy Guys. :cool: :cool:

---------------------------------------------------