I was on the Internet app (galaxy note 2) and this message randomly popped up first saying that my android had been infected with a virus and that I "needed to update my Android launcher within 1 day or [my] phone would be locked." Stupidly, I clicked OK. Another window popped up:

***Warning***

Your Samsung has been infected with a dangerous trojan virus.

And below that it said "OK." It didn't have anything else or any instructions. I clicked okay, and within two seconds the same message came up again. I pressed OK again. I did that a few more times until I exited the Internet app. I ran AVG, nothing came up. I haven't updated the launcher. What should I do?
    09-13-2015 07:37 PM
    You do know that those things are ads, scams and probably filled with viruses that when clicking on them you download them or you just gave a hacker a way into your device. But that happens in both situations.

I highly recommend that you ignore those pop-up ads, if you can't do that then download AdBlocker

Posted via the Android Central App
    09-13-2015 09:43 PM
    R you sure is it ok..bcz i got that same message and i dnt update anything ..r u sure my phone will not lock within a day..plz reply
    Thanks
    03-07-2016 01:31 PM
    Yeah... this is likely a fake message. I would be worried about pressing OK. I would suggest to download an anti Virus software from the Google play store and scan to see if you have any viruses. There are lots of free ones in the play store.
    03-07-2016 01:56 PM
    I hope it's true bcz I got the same message today and I'm kinda worried about my phone locking up
    06-09-2016 05:35 PM
    I hope it's true bcz I got the same message today and I'm kinda worried about my phone locking up
    Welcome.

That's exactly the effect that such lies and filth are intended to have. Do not be deceived. Also, check this:
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=630081

Report it to Google here:
    https://support.google.com/webmaster...er/93713?hl=en

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-09-2016 06:20 PM
    Oh my I was so freakin' scared. Now I'm not. So all these things are fake? Please respond. I'm still kinda scared. That message of being locked out scared me
    06-15-2016 09:46 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Almost all of those kinds of popups are designed to scare you into installing a "security" app that is probably malware itself. If the popup only occurs when you're using the browser, then it's associated with the website you're visiting--make sure you avoid that website in the future.
    06-15-2016 10:19 PM
    The same thing happened to me while I was with my mom waiting after getting our tires rotated. I was on their Wi-Fi and visiting a YouTube to MP4 site. It opened up a seemingly legit Coogle contest. After I closed out of the contest my phone started vibrating like crazy. It popped up with the same message over a black background. Panicked, as I had only had my phone for 6 and a half months, I clicked out off of the site. It seemed to fix everything as my phone is still working fine.
    06-28-2016 01:33 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I was at an oil change place on their WiFi. I went onto a YouTube to MP4 website when my phone began vibrating rapidly and gave me the same message. I clicked off the website and haven't been back since. My phone still works.
    06-28-2016 01:37 PM
    Some people will do anything to get money. I remember the teenage boy who was driven to suicide because of online blackmail attempts, a couple of years ago.
    06-28-2016 01:48 PM
    its just bull crap trying to scam people,if something does happen find out who the hell did it and sue thier pants off! i want this thing to quit showing up already!
    belodion likes this.
    08-07-2016 02:55 AM
    I'm so scared though
    08-25-2016 09:52 PM
    hi,

i just installed adblocker, the same was with my phone, now its working gud, bu i am afrading, can it blocked next day....

plz suggest, if you have some knowledge abt same.

mandeep
    punjab, india
    09-13-2016 06:36 AM
    I hit OK on a virus warning, 2 separate occasions. And it has locked up my downloads
    03-16-2017 10:42 PM