What is my best option for mimicking a Blackberry Hub-like messenger center on an Android phone?

A

AC Question

Just bought a OnePlus One Android phone after years of being an Blackberry user and while I am not totally dissatisfied with the Android OS, I do find it far less simplistic and convenient when it comes to basic communication. It's just not as straightforward. I've synced all my accounts to my phone, my Outlook app, and Omni Swipe(a launcher), but still find that none of them reliably notify me of any and all account activity plus text messages and phone calls. I'm finding Android to be a much more time consuming OS. Great for media compared to BB, bad for productivity. Any suggestions?

PS- Only had the OnePlus One for a couple days and another issue is that my mobile data won't work. Using an AT&T SIM and text and phone works as does Wifi but no internet or internet tethering apps work away from home. I've exhausted my capabilities not anything left for me to try without some coaching. OnePlus One is a beautiful product as of and in itself though. Just some OS confusion on my part I think.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Are you on AT&T proper, or an MVNO? Whichever, you will have to manually enter your carrier's APN settings into your phone in order to get data. I can help you find the settings if you post back what carrier you're on. Sorry, can't help with replicating the BB hub.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae