How can I downgrade my Galaxy s4?

obrien_99

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
So I recently bought a Galaxy S4, and it has Lollipop 5.0.1 on it. Because of the firmware, my battery drains insanely fast, and my WiFi is rendered useless. I have been trying to use Odin to flash KitKat 4.4.2 on my Verizon Galaxy s4 SCH-I545, but it fails every time. I really need help with this... my phone is useless if I can't downgrade it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Before trying to address the downgrade issue, maybe we can troubleshoot the battery. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Can you give more details about how the wi-fi is useless?

obrien_99

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Okay, ill post the pic tomorrow.

My WiFi is useless because every time I try to turn it on, it won't turn on. If it does manage to turn on, when I try to use it, it will turn off, and I can't turn it back on. I've tried a factory data reset, I've tried pulling my battery many times, and nothing is working. I've read that I need to root my phone to fix it, but I can't root my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you know if the wi-fi was working prior to the Lollipop update? It sounds like you bought it with Lollipop already installed. It's possible it could be a hardware problem, not a firmware one.

Do you also know if the phone got that Lollipop update as an official over-the-air update? Or did someone flash it manually? If it was done manually, and they flashed the firmware for the wrong model phone, that can cause various things to malfunction.

obrien_99

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I believe it had lollipop 5.0 on it when I got it. It then updated to 5.0.1. I bought it from a refurbishing company so I'm not exactly sure. I did do some research though and read that this can be caused because of lollipop. I want to root my phone (it's verizon) but everytime I try it fails. It says to root it and change a file name to fix the wifi but I can't root it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae