Unable to update OTA.

JamieAnne89

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 which I bought off a lady who didnt seem to know much about them. Ive been trying to update my software for months now & used endless amounts of internet (I dont have unlimited broadband either) but still unable to update OTA. It says my device is modified which definitely it isnt. I have looked at pages & pages of forums & suggestions but still to no avail. I downloaded SU Checker I think it is as it said to click on settings in that & then do something else but upon clicking on the app it says my device is rooted & unable to open that app. Please please please help me. My phone is so super out of date & I can download on a friends wifi if I can somehow unroot my phone. Please keep in mind im not good with software altering apps etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok so it is reporting that the 📱 is rooted?

If so there is your modifications. What is out of date the operating system or the actual apps?

If it is the OS then you could flash a newer version, rather than waiting for the OTA.

Alternatively you could use Odin to unroot and hope it goes back to normal.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JamieAnne89

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I should alsp state its the OS that is out of date. I live in a valley type thing & its a black hole for reception including broadband. I have attempted updating via Samsung Kies 3 numerous times & have used about 20gb for a 550mb file. Which each time costs me a lot to get halfway thru the download then I have no internet data left. Please help! I don't know anyone with wifi & hungry jacks n mcdonalds free wifi is limited

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000