11-14-2016 12:11 AM
31 12
tools
    Hey guys I have this annoying sign in request notification that will not go away. I click on the notification and all that happens is a checking info box comes up and then nothing happens after. Anyone know how to fix this thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Annoying sign-in notification won't go away-screenshot_2015-09-16-23-16-36.jpg  
    Madalin Shively likes this.
    09-16-2015 10:18 PM
    My tablet is doing this, too - I tried to sign out of my Gmail account that's giving me the initial notification and now I have two ones that I can't get rid of. I can't seem to find any way to get rid of the account on my settings, which seems like the only way to clear the notifications that I could see (if it were possible). Annoying sign-in notification won't go away-screenshot_2015-09-19-09-47-29.jpg

Edit: you can go into settings>device>sounds and notifications>application notifications and block all the notifications from Google play services. Maybe not the best option, but seeing as they aren't going away on their own it's all I can find to do.
    09-19-2015 08:51 AM
    I'm having this problem too on my S4, and this is the only forum on the whole interwebs that is talking about it. Anyone have an answer?
    I've had nothing but problems with this phone since that dang update a couple of months ago.
    09-22-2015 07:39 AM
    Have you tried long pressing on the notification and then tap on info? It should give you more details about the app that is sending that signing request.
    A J Stanley likes this.
    09-22-2015 08:00 AM
    I had this issue with the tasks application on my HTC. I pressed down on the notification until it changed to a Google notification. On the right, an "i" appeared. Click on that "i" icon.The first thing on the menu that appears should give you the option to block notifications from the app. Hope this works for you too!

It is funny; it used to just appear every once in awhile, and would just swipe it away. It only locked on my notification bar after an HTC update. So now it can never even remind me.

Sorry if there are typos!
    CItyZGirl likes this.
    09-22-2015 10:23 AM
    Yes, I have exactly the same problem - it used to come up but go away when swiped. Now it doesn't!

I, too, have disabled notifications and that gets rid of it. Mind you, I'm not sure what else I shall miss! It's Google Play Services that causes the problem, but other than that, I have no idea how to solve it.
    09-22-2015 10:35 AM
    I fixed this by opening the photos app which then told me it required an update. Not sure why it doesn't update through Google play. After the update I restarted and the notifications (had 2 from 2 of my 3 accounts) went away. I did mess with account setting in the photo app a little bit, but I'm not sure what I did or if any of it was required for this fix.
    09-23-2015 12:09 AM
    Hi - I solved same problem for me:-

Just went into the play services and checked the box to block notifications.
    Then unchecked it and the notification immediately went away . . T
    09-29-2015 02:35 PM
    BlahBlah33 - - This worked! Thank so much for getting rid of that annoying sign in request!
    10-06-2015 03:17 PM
    Tim Clark- Perfect. Thank you so much!
    10-10-2015 11:58 AM
    Just go into the Google Settings app & click the "three dots" menu button at the top right of the page. Select "Clear app data" & this will reset any pending data & notifications. You may have to associate some of the third party apps to your google account again, but this is rare & usually everything just works fine. Disabling all the notifications can cause issues with notifications for Google apps that rely on Google Play Services, so I suggest trying it this way first.
    10-16-2015 02:03 PM
    Samsung link is what updated on mine. Once it did the error went away...

I fixed this by opening the photos app which then told me it required an update. Not sure why it doesn't update through Google play. After the update I restarted and the notifications (had 2 from 2 of my 3 accounts) went away. I did mess with account setting in the photo app a little bit, but I'm not sure what I did or if any of it was required for this fix.
    10-18-2015 12:53 PM
    Hey guys I have this annoying sign in request notification that will not go away. I click on the notification and all that happens is a checking info box comes up and then nothing happens after. Anyone know how to fix this thanks!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Just make a long press on it then app info make clear data from there i just have done it sry for my bad english
    10-22-2015 02:27 PM
    Yessss! I was having the same issue with the stupid notification. Holding it down and then tapping the information icon brought up the screen that allowed me to disable notifications. Notification all gone. Thanks!
    10-26-2015 09:22 AM
    Thanks for this. I would think turning off notifications from gmail would mean your email notifications would not come through either.
    10-27-2015 02:31 PM
    I see you've all found your own ways to get around this problem, but the real solution to fix this is to go to Settings > Accounts > Google and uncheck "Sync Picasa Web Albums". After a reboot, the notification should no longer appear.
    10-27-2015 02:51 PM
    This one actually works. The Exclamation marks were driving me CRAZY!!!! Made sure to clear the cache and the app data from Applications>Google App , then restarted the phone and POOF!!! they were gone! Picasa was NEVER checked as an option to sync so I was about to lose it!
    GDoe5 likes this.
    10-31-2015 12:21 PM
    Hi I need help... I keep getting this error unfortunately, the process android.process.media has stopped I cannot do anything with my phone. How do i fix this please help???
    10-31-2015 01:29 PM
    Hi need help!!!
    10-31-2015 01:37 PM
    This one actually works. The Exclamation marks were driving me CRAZY!!!! Made sure to clear the cache and the app data from Applications>Google App , then restarted the phone and POOF!!! they were gone! Picasa was NEVER checked as an option to sync so I was about to lose it!
    This worked. Google Settings>in app settings (three dots)>clear app data. Then restart.

You shouldn't just block notifications. You don't know what else it could send you.
    11-01-2015 05:11 AM
    Wow! Thank you!! This has plagued me for almost a year and finally your solution got rid of it for me!
    11-01-2015 05:16 AM
    I've already done this and the notification will go away for a day or two and then it appears again. I can't clear the app data as it is an account I share with another person and I don't want to clear the 3rd party info they have already set up for themselves.
    11-03-2015 11:09 PM
    To everyone having a same problem, here's a TIP.
    I owe a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Lollipop 5.0. Once I accidentally turned on Auto BackUp On. I searched a lot of forums watched a lot of videos but no, non of them worked. I turned auto backup off, Force Stopped Picasa but non of them worked. But I thought once I on my phone into a safe mode it can work, why not try? It works guys, turn on ur Mobile in safe mode and turn off ur wifi after u r on safe mode, then there will be an option on notification panel, turn off safe mode. It will restart and those annoying tabs will go. I swear Guys. Hope this will help. I don't know how to enable safe mode on other phones but for Samsung, Turn off ur device, after turning off completely, wait 10 seconds and press the power button, once u see Samsung galaxy Note 3 or whatever respective models u have, then press Volume down key unless ur phone gets on. Safe Mode will be shown on below left corner. Hope it Helps.
    11-11-2015 12:26 AM
    Just summarising some of the steps above:

1. Update the Photos and Google+ apps. Also check other Google apps, e.g. Google Settings, etc.
    2. Go into your Google account's sync settings via the Settings app, and unchecking Picasa Web Albums.
    3. Go into the various Google apps and try clearing the cache.

This worked for me and I'm fairly sure it's the answer to most other peoples' problems as well. Google just botched the whole G+ Photos split.
    11-19-2015 10:23 PM
    Thanks! - This one solved it - Just open Google Photos app and update it and the notification goes away!
    12-02-2015 05:12 PM
31 12