Possible to save and extract my data?

A

AC Question

So my Samsung S5 decided to die on me. Here's what's currently happening:

1) Every time it received power or turned on, it would just vibrate consistently and turn back off, with a glowing blue LED light. Now I am 100% sure that this was not due to a software update because I always rejected installing the new Android Lollipop update.

2) I've had an experience like this with my S3 and removing the power button solved the jammed power button and my S3 worked fine again (had to do a manual power-on).
This was not the case with my S5. I internally removed the power button flex cable and tried to manually go into safe-mode/download mode, but the S5 still shuts off and on, vibrates and the blue LED glows the same.

3) From my research and diagnosis, it is probably "hard-bricked". My question is am I correct and is there anyway to still save the S5's on internal data/ROM data (pictures, text messages, videos, memos/notes etc)
Hypothetically if I were to send this to the technician, keeping the motherboard with the ROM chips would keep my data safe?

All my data is very critical and important to me as my client contacts are contained within. Any help is very much appreciated!

bladedraided

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
thanks for the reply,
the battery did take a slight dip into water before, but it powers on the phone. I also used a friends S5 battery it does the same thing, so I'm assuming its not the battery :(

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks for the reply,
the battery did take a slight dip into water before, but it powers on the phone. I also used a friends S5 battery it does the same thing, so I'm assuming its not the battery :(
Bummer. What you were describing sounded a lot like a swollen battery. Offhand, not sure what else to suggest.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader