I can't switch back from lock screen to no screen lock

Jricker02

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
I've switched from no lock screen to lock screen (pattern, pin blah) and back to no lock screen without a problem. For some reason this weekend I can't change to no lock. Shady gray says its by an administrator, encryption policy or cerebrovascular storage. (Credential) only left that word cause I thought it was funny. Swype makes me laugh

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I hate a screen lock and have deleted Android Pay (barely use it, usually slower than credit card) and removed it as device administrator but I still can't turn off the screen lock, the option is greyed out. So it looks like once you add a card to Android Pay, you're stuck with a screen lock forever???

Any way around this?

Moto X 2013 w/5.1

:-\

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
To did able the screen lock you have to remove all admin rights for everything, commander, tasker, pay, and any others. And then turn off everything in the service area of your Accessibility tab. Restart the phone and then you can turn of the lock. The directions are ready to find by Googling, turn phone lock off Lollipop.

Posted via the Android Central App

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
To did able the screen lock you have to remove all admin rights for everything, commander, tasker, pay, and any others. And then turn off everything in the service area of your Accessibility tab. Restart the phone and then you can turn of the lock. The directions are ready to find by Googling, turn phone lock off Lollipop.

thanks, googled as you suggested and the "clear credentials" did the trick by itself

greg_atlanta

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Half you found the answer, I forgot about clearing credentials.

yep, clear credentials worked, didn't do anything else. did report the problem to google and got a generic response. i'll just give it a few months and see if lock screen policy changes. rarely used google wallet anyways, really just a novelty.