WiFi, cannot connect only get "saved, secured" or "authentication error"

A

AC Question

WiFi, cannot connect only get "saved, secured" or "authentication error"

I'm 100% new to Android. My phone died and I just a day ago bought a new one. Decided to try out an Android device (Samsung Galaxy Note running Lollipop). So one of the first things I want to do is download some apps. It'd be nice to do this over Wi-Fi.

I have tried the basics, reboot the device and router, toggle Wi-Fi on/off, forget the network, tried different Wi-Fi frequencies (from the router), 2.4 and 5, tried different channels, checked for phone OS updates (were none), double checked I inputted the MAC address correctly in the MAC filtering list in my router.

Not sure what I'm missing. Now I'm thinking going Android was probably a mistake. This shouldn't be this hard.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you get this phone brand new or used? Have you tried turning off the router's security temporarily, to see if that's causing the problem? See this guide for other ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...roubleshooting-wi-fi-connection-problems.html

It's always possible that you have a defective device, so try not to let this experience with one device lead to generalizations about a whole platform. Good luck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674