11-08-2018 06:19 AM
195 ... 45678
tools Reply
    I just uninstalled the Google App update. Everything seems better so far. I believe I was also experiencing more voice to text spelling issues as well, previously, with the update.
    10-01-2015 10:19 AM
    Thanks!
    10-01-2015 10:20 AM
    Like everyone else, I am having the same issue as is my husband. I thought initially it was because I have a small hairline crack on screen at about same level as the Voice to text box. But clearly after seeing this forum that is not the case. I am not the most tech savvy person, so please can you tell me how to uninstall a Google update?
    10-01-2015 10:47 AM
    I had the same thing happen, however, once I rebooted the phone, the microphone came back as well as all functionality.
    10-01-2015 10:48 AM
    I used the fix a couple days ago - worked great but now the problem is back
    10-01-2015 11:16 AM
    So I am trying what tombest suggested:
    Do "Uninstall Updates" on the app named "Google Text to Speech Engine"
    but I am also going to reinstall it
    hoping this works

UPDATE: it did not work
    10-01-2015 11:27 AM
    Please add me to the growing list of people with this issue.

FWIW, I'm on a Samsung Note 4
    10-01-2015 11:29 AM
    Yep. Uninstalled the UPDATES to Google app linked in message #50. Problem went away. Also disabled auto update for this app for the time being. No change in functionality. I use a.i Type keyboard.

I hope that we will get an announcement here when this gets fixed. I understand that yet another version is due in the next few weeks from what I have read on PC World.

Much thanks for the information presented in this thread. It was driving me crazy before.

I too have a Galaxy Note 4.

Frank.
    10-01-2015 11:30 AM
    JaniceBT01
    I used the fix a couple days ago - worked great but now the problem is back
    You probably did not turn off auto update for the app. If that is not turned off, it gets updated to the current (flawed) version again.

If you uninstall the updates, just leave them uninstalled until Google gets this fixed. Your phone will run just fine on the original version of the software that remains on your phone after you uninstall the updates.

Frank.
    10-01-2015 11:35 AM
    Thanks to everyone. My boss is having the same problem with his S4. I have uninstalled the updates to the Google app and turned off auto update. Hopefully, someone will inform us when a fix is available.
    10-01-2015 02:29 PM
    I would like to add that me and my girlfriend are both experiencing this issue as well United tried to remove the update yet but will be doing that today, we are both using the ZTE Zmax
    10-01-2015 04:46 PM
    Galaxy S4 - same problem. VERY frustrating. I can't imagine Google isn't aware of this. Ridiculous
    10-01-2015 04:53 PM
    This tap to speak freezing screen is happening to me too. My husband has an earlier version of galaxy and was having this problem but it has all of a sudden stopped for him. I have a Galaxy 4 and it's still happening. Only a reboot helps. Why are there not more people complaining about this. It's disruptive and needs to be fixed.
    10-01-2015 07:37 PM
    Same thing here happening on my new Galaxy 6. Like the others, if I let google voice keyboard go inactive, then wait for the phone to sleep, when I turn it back on I am hosed up. Rebooting was my only solution...however, the workaround in this thread (msg #50) to uninstall the google app and disable auto-updates seems to have fixed the problem. Thx to p diddy
    10-01-2015 08:59 PM
    Add me to the growing list of issues. I have a Samsung Edge 6 Plus, Verizon. I uninstalled the text to speech update.

Problem resolved with the change to Google Text to speech.

Uninstall of the Google app updates did not cure the problem. On my phone, the issue is text to speech.
    10-02-2015 06:10 AM
    Add me to the list . Started happening 4 days ago. So glad I found this thread. Will try some of the suggestions.
    10-02-2015 07:54 AM
    Having same issue as Asus Zenphone 2 so it is not just one brand. I haven't read the whole thread but I wanted to make sure that you knew this was for more than one brand of phone.
    10-02-2015 09:18 AM
    My joy with the uninstall update fix was short lived. I have a Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime phone and the problem seems to reoccur every day--need to see if I can review updates b4 they are applied. Last night my phone locked up--would not respond to any button pushes or scroll. So ridiculous.
    10-02-2015 12:29 PM
    This is also happening to me on my Samsung galaxy S5 for the past few days 10 times a day!! I can not even answer a call when it frozen so annoying! I need help does anyone know how to fix this problem?
    10-02-2015 01:24 PM
    Just chiming in that I've been experiencing the same issue on my ASUS ZenFone 2 since last week. Decided today to Google the issue, glad I'm not the only one dealing with this. Uninstalled all updates to the Google app, unchecked the auto update for now. Tested, voice dictation still working, but I'll see if it lasts more than a day.
    10-02-2015 02:22 PM
    Clearing Google cache and data did not work for me on my S4 with 4.4.4
    10-02-2015 02:28 PM
    Same here. Sick of having to restart.
    10-02-2015 02:59 PM
    I have the Google Nexus 6. Having the same issue. Tap to speak screen locks up on sleep. I have to reboot the phone to make it go away.
    10-02-2015 04:49 PM
    All day every day. The screen freezes. Ever since the last update. grrr
    10-02-2015 07:46 PM
    I started to reply to this and had some of my voice-to-text dictated when I stopped to gather my thoughts and the app froze again! I have done the remove updates and it happened immediately after I did that. I have quite the story about this, it started a week after I got my new phone and I had not heard anybody else talking about it so I assumed it was the phone. Four different sprint stores later, with Sprint employees not knowing much about this at all, they gave me a new phone yesterday which I rebuilt yet again and it froze this morning. I rebuilt the new phone after having my old phone reset twice to fix the problem which of course it didn't fix. To say this is annoying and a hassle is a gross understatement! What kills me is that none of the technicians appear to know about this problem and clearly it's been going on for 2 weeks! I did get suspicious that on the day I dropped my phone off to the third or fourth store to have them look at it and had lunch with my friend, she commented her phone was doing the same thing! So I had my suspicions that it wasn't the phone but when I questioned the technician at the Sprint store they had no idea about it. I had done all the clear the cache and reset and everything else that was suggested except for the uninstall updates. I sure hope they come up with a fix soon because this is incredibly frustrating.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-02-2015 09:14 PM
195 ... 45678