11-08-2018 06:19 AM
195 ... 678
tools Reply
    MGS 9500 have you gone through the steps on post # 167? I think it might help you if you will try it.
    I am attaching three more screen captures for those of you that are visual learners.
    The "Tap to Speak" screen keeps freezing up on me-app-manager.jpgThe "Tap to Speak" screen keeps freezing up on me-downloaded-apps.jpgThe "Tap to Speak" screen keeps freezing up on me-play-store.jpg
    After you go to the play store and select to not auto update you must restart phone for the mic to show back up on keyboard.
    To confirm you phone is fixed try to replicate it by doing this: But if your speech to text window is black you are good to go.

Here's how to replicate this issue:
    1- say some words with voice to text and send.
    2- TAP POWER BUTTON TO PUT DEVICE IN SLEEP MODE AND TURNS DISPLAY OFF.
    3. PRESS POWER BUTTON TO BRING BACK DISPLAY.
    4. Google Voice is now stuck and cannot be dismissed.
    10-06-2015 10:25 PM
    Thank you to whoever figured this out! I did what the last few peeps said and uninstalled the Google App updates while my 'tap to speak' was currently stuck and it disappeared instantly! Yeehaw!
    10-07-2015 12:37 AM
    PROBLEM SOLVED: The October 6 update from Google for the Google app seems to have fixed this problem (5.3.26.19.arm). I can no longer recreate the Speech to Text freeze issue on my S5. Either pressing the power button or letting it time out does NOT cause the freeze issue. YAAAY! Now, when you return to Messaging after time-out or pressing power key, the Voice to Text window is replaced by the standard keyboard.Thanks to all who helped with the workaround. I'll update if anything recurs with use today.
    GimpDaddy3 likes this.
    10-07-2015 08:41 AM
    Thanks- it is working again! The TTS function hasn't been working right for the last week or so in addition to freezing up. I followed your instructions as follows, and it is working for now.
    1. App manager>google> uninstall Google updates
    2. AppS>Play Store>update Google
    10-07-2015 07:45 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I just uninstalled google apps. I'll see if that fixed it.
    10-07-2015 09:21 PM
    Same issue. Usually happens when I need to answer a phone call after texting. Cannot get past the frozen "Tap to Speak" screen to answer the phone!! Moto G (2nd gen) Lollipop 5.0.2. Have tried disabling OK Google, Text-to-Speech, basically anything Google, still having this annoying issue. Phone says system is up to date (no updates available). How does an app (Google app of all things) take the entire system hostage with no way out except a reboot? Did they hire some MS employees at Google?

Come on, Google! Get this fixed! Losing interest in using my phone starting to think of other options - like becoming a Luddite.
    10-07-2015 11:25 PM
    Please read #178. Try to download new 10/6 update.
    10-08-2015 06:18 AM
    The latest update seems to have fixed this issue everyone. Thanks wstchskr.
    10-08-2015 09:04 AM
    It appears to me that the new update has definitely fixed the freezing problem but it is at the expense of the ok Google option from any screen or even when trying to open it by voice when the Google app is on the same page.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-08-2015 10:47 PM
    I removed the most recent update of "Google text-to-speech." The problem is not occurring any longer.
    10-12-2015 07:06 PM
    Thank you AC Question for making this thread as I was having the same issue as well. I also want to thank those that replied with the temporary fix of uninstalling the updates, that helped me get through with still being able to use it without the lockups. Finally, I want to thank those that replied lately stating it has been fixed. I updated my Google app and sure enough, no more lockup issues with tap to speak.
    10-13-2015 02:15 PM
    This has been happening for two weeks now on my 5S. Very annoying and I can only get around it by re-starting the phone.

I uninstalled the Google Voice App and Google App updates and that seems to have cleared the problem. If it happens again will report back.
    10-13-2015 05:48 PM
    I uninstalled all of the Google updates and then Google kept shutting down. I reinstalled the current update and the problem seems to have gone away.Hopefully it stays that way.
    10-13-2015 11:44 PM
    I started having the same issue after the last update only I have to actually take my phone apart and remove the battery to reset because the google screen locks up over the top of the power off "ok" button.
    10-15-2015 02:00 PM
    I would love to, but mine is actually stuck on the mic option. I restarted my phone, first and last mistake. It doesn't bring up my keyboard, if I go to the emergency call it will tell me repeatedly that, "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped." Got a solution? I have a new phone bought today, but I have to keep this one until I get my family pictures off of it.
    11-16-2015 12:27 PM
    I know this is an older thread, but I uninstalled google app update. So far, all is good. It reverted back to the original keyboard with mic. I will wait to hear if google has a fix before I update again.
    12-01-2015 06:26 PM
    The stats and amount of welcome new posters on this thread are amazing.
    12-01-2015 06:50 PM
    The cell freezes when not on home screen and is trying to tap to receive a call.Need help also with this problem.
    05-14-2016 03:29 AM
    Please help
    11-14-2016 10:04 AM
    Been troubleshooting this issue long before finding this forum. I own a Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0 w/Google Now Launcher. Honestly uninstalling the latest version of Google and losing all of the latest app functionality is not a "fix" in my book.
    The issue is related to Google Assistant's "voice match" feature. If you would like the issue to go away then disable the voice match feature within the Google Settings (not your phone settings). To do this navigate to the Google App>More (currently in bottom right corner)>Settings>scroll down to "Voice" under the list of "Search" options>Voice Match>Disable "Access with Voice Match".
    The issue will not reoccur however you will not be able to say "Hey Google" from any screen. I personally like that feature. If you do too and own a Note 4, when your screen freezes, long press the home button which will activated the assistant, then tap the home button again to make it go away. The issue will still reoccur, but this is a quick fix until the issue gets resolved on Google's end.
    For the record, I believe that this is an issue with the new search bar conflicting with the old search bar widget or something of the like... Whatever the case, I hope this helps.

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails The "Tap to Speak" screen keeps freezing up on me-screenshot_2018-11-08-06-17-45.jpg  
    11-08-2018 06:19 AM
195 ... 678