Please Help! 21gb in Misc of my total storage.

A

AC Question

I have an LG G2. I had to hard reset my phone after a failed OS upgrade to 5.0.2. Before I upgraded, I have around 21gb of files. Photos, videos, apps, musics, etc.

Now, I didn't do backup since I did not expect the failure to happen. After hard reset, everything went fine. I have upgraded OS, The phone runs smoothly. I'm almost good at not recovering the files however, I only got 8gb usable in a total of 10gb. My phone is an LG G2 32gb D802.

Please help me with this. I badly need it. Thanks in advance!

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
If you tap on the misc files, do you get a detailed list of what's included in there? You could post a screenshot with that information and we'll try to figure this out.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, thanks for registering and welcome to the forums!

That's strange. 21gb seem a lot for system files. There's nothing you can do with those files, they are protected. Maybe there's a bad storage reading or the failed update messed things up. Have you considered another factory reset? You could install a file Explorer from the Play Store and check if the readings are different.

I think you can't wipe the cache partition easily with LG phones. You could try just clearing cache, rebooting the phone and see if it makes a difference.

I'll check around and let you know.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Not sure what else to suggest short of another factory reset, and I'm not even 100% sure this could fix the problem. Maybe the failed update left some big system files behind.

Rooting and flashing the ROM could be another possibility but it's a complicated process if you're not familiar with it. I asked around and no one saw this problem before.

Tell us how it goes.

Loyd Wally Riveral1

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Well, guess I can just sigh right now. I just wish I didn't upgrade my OS in the first place. I lost very important data, I lost a huge slice of my storage, and there's no available troubleshooting for it. This is just insane :/ I will try rooting and flashing the rom and I'll let you know. Thanks for the help.

Also, I have already tried hard reset around 5 times, didn't help. I'm now in contact with LG support, hope they can help.