How do I get my phone to save camera photos to the SD card

A

AC Question

I have bought a micro SD card (S5 mini phone) as was running out of space on my camera. It took one photo ok then it came up with "unable to save to SD card, default storage has been changed to device memory". I have formatted the card on both the phone and on the PC. I have cleared all the camera cache and data but still not working. SD card is inserted correctly. Any help would be gratefully received.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The card could be defective or counterfeit. Does it work in your computer? Can you save files from the computer to the SD while the card is inserted in the computer's reader?

Use SD Insight to see if the card is what it says it is.

hellays

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi, thanks for your reply.
The SD card seems to be working fine on my computer, I can save files to it no problem. So, I saved a file and put it back in my phone, still the same issue. It will only save the one photo then none at all. And, it's showing 62GB free on the phone storage section.
It's driving me mad!! Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Are you able to return that card to wherever you bought it, and ask for a refund?

When buying SD cards, stick with well-known online retailers like Amazon (not the Amazon Marketplace) or Costco.com, or reputable bricks-and-mortar stores like Best Buy, Costco, Target, etc. Avoid buying cards from sellers on eBay, Craigslist, or any 3rd party seller on a major site (like the Amazon Marketplace, as mentioned above).

hellays

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
Thank you ever so much for your help. I made the mistake of buying off Ebay but I have had a full refund and purchased another from a real company instead as you suggested.
Appreciate your help. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34