Did I kill my phone? - can't seem to get any lifesigns from it =(

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini GT18190.
Yesterday morning, I restartet my phone, because it was getting slow. But unfortunatly it started upgrading insted =(.
I had to travel to a friends house that afternoon and forgot the phone and it ran out of battery.
I charged the phone and tried to turn it on but it only came as far as the black screen with white letters and the name and model of the phone.
Today I have tried Odin and the power+vol-+home buttons and that seem to do the trick - until it was almost finished and then it failed!.
I let it sit for an hour or so and nothing happend. Odin wrote fail.
I turned the phone off, eventhough it said not to.
Now I can't get any lifesigns from it, not from charging, power button or the 3 buttons at the same time.

Is it totally dead now or can it be saved?
and is there a chance, that my notes, apps ect can be saved also?

Thanks in advance.

/Maria

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say it started upgrading, do you mean it was downloading and installing a system update that was pushed over-the-air? If so, and if the battery ran out in the middle of a system update, that can brick the phone.

mariadenmark

Sep 27, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what kind of upgrade it was, since I was not informed of it (or I just didn't see it), but I think it was a system upgrade.
I tried to unbrick it yesterday, but Odin said Failed.
Then I turned the phone off, after about an hour, where it just stopped at 255 something on the phone.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz