What is the best android smartwatch right now for under (or close to) $150?

psyjohn

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking at buying a smartwatch, as I need a new watch anyway. I would like to be able to check texts and emails, and maybe make quick replies. Sleep monitoring and fitness tracking are also important. Style is sort of important, but as long as its not downright ugly that's not a big issue. If it matters, I have a Note 4 from VZW.

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Well the hard one out of all of that is sleep monitoring. All of the Android wear watches only last 1-2 days, if you are sleep tracking this doesn't leave much time for charging. The pebble time has the best battery life and would allow you to do sleep tracking. It is also waterproof so you can go swimming with it.

If you have a Samsung phone then you could look at the gear fit or any of that line. All of the watches handle notifications quite well, I think wear devices handle messaging better. Really it's a personal preference though, check out the range and narrow your list. Read through the forums. :)

Wearable Android Tech - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

or Connectedly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I have an ASUS Zenwatch, which is excellent. It's stylish, not overly bulky, and since the Zenwatch 2 is supposed to be out soon, you can probably find a deal on it. But I agree with Teejai80's advice--Android Wear watches need to be charged overnight. I also have the original Pebble Steel, which does have good functionality for notifications, but you can't respond to text messages beyond sending some quick canned replies. (On Android Wear, you can dictate a response.)

Teejai80

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
The new pebble Time and pebble Time steel have voice input, however it is decidedly more clunky. It works, just too many button pushes for my liking.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21