Note 3 custom padlock sign at bootup no signal

A

AC Question

Yesterday, while at work my phone worked until half a day and later in the afternoon I noticed no signal. Being inside the building I thought the signal must have been week so I didnt pay much attention. Later when I left work and the signal did not come back on even after restarting(at restarting I saw something funny. There was an unlocked padlock sign with custom written on top of it underneath "Samsung Galaxy Note 3" logo), I went to AT&T store and they tried to replace the SIM and suggested hard reset. I tried that but signal did not work. Replacing SIM didn't work either.

Then, I ended up flashing the firmware using Odin to lollipop (5.0) and the signal came back. I made a call or two to check but then I noticed the mobile data didnt work. I called tech support and she said she was going to reset the APN details and I had to restart the phone. I restarted the phone and the signal was gone and the phone went back to "device status=custom". This custom screen shows up when rebooting as well with an unlocked padlock underneath. This NEVER happened before for the 2 years I've had this phone for.

No one tried rooting this phone. The phone has been in my possession all along and was purchased brand new from ATT 2 years ago. Infact, Its just coming off contract in a few weeks.

I've tried flashing the firmware zillion times and it does the same thing. The signal comes, I test it, it works, device status =official when it works, then i restart and it goes back to custom and the signal disappears.

Anyone with any suggestions on what the heck is going on here?

Thanks

Zach Martin4

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
I have this same exact problem and no one can help me. It's as if you and I are the only people in the world ever to have this problem. Have you had any luck finding any solutions?

Guys. I have this same exact problem. I've found ways to get the signal back but if my phone dies then I lose it all again. Now I'm stuck and can't get it back. I've found no solution for this. Help

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12