Feedback on Smart Switch; the latest useless piece of software from Samsung

A

AC Question

Is anyone else having trouble with Smart Switch when syncing with Outlook?

This is reminiscent of the useless garbage that was Kies. Badly written, error prone and unreliable at the best of times when syncing with Outlook.

When, oh when, will our friends in South Korea actually employ professional programmers to allow us to connect our phones to our PC's without error messages like "The syncing of Outlook has been cancelled because an error occurred".

I mean, really? No more detail than that.. Useless.

Discuss!!

Liam

Ness123

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
My sync was working fine since I got my A3 and then all of a sudden over a month ago I got exactly that error message you listed and it hasn't synced since. It's very frustrating.

Duane Blaauw

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi

I have been having the same problem. I recently upgraded from HTC to the Samsung Galaxy S6 and also can't believe how bad Smart Switch, the desktop syncing software, is. The HTC program was much better. All I want to do is sync changes to contacts and Calendar settings from my desktop Outlook but Smart Switch can't manage that consistently.

I did manage to Sync with Outlook 2 or 3 times initially but am now getting the same error and have no idea what the problem is. Have tried doing it with Outlook closed and with simpler sync settings but still getting the error.

Another irritating thing is that Smart Switch doesn't seem to remember my sync preferences. I have a number of different contact and calendar folders and have to go and select them again each time I want to sync.

Any suggestions?

Duane

sagect_s7

Apr 19, 2016
Visit site
1. Click on Outlook Sync, then go to Sync Preferences for Outlook (bottom left).
2. Then click on Initialise the syncing log for Outlook at the top right and check the boxes of what you want to sync. It doesn't have any OK or CANCEL buttons so just click the Close button at top right.
3. Click OK and Sync Now

Somehow, activating the sync log made it pay attention and work, and it asked about conflicts and then completed the sync.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech