Google Play Account question

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I usually use my Yahoo email account to sign into everything... except my Galaxy Tab that I've had for about a year, now. I just bought my Note 4 last week, and like everything else, I signed in using my Yahoo account. I went to download a game on my Tab, when I realized that my Tab is signed in with my Gmail account.

Is there a way to merge accounts, or does this mean any app I buy on my phone needs to be re-purchased on Tab and vice-versa?

Any help will be appreciated.

Posted via the Android Central App

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Your Yahoo account won't allow access to Google resources such as the Play Store. You need to have a Google account signed in on the device for full use of the Play Store, including sharing app purchases across devices (or even purchasing one to begin with).

If you sign in to Google using the same account on both devices, you can "share" the purchases unless the developer released a tablet-specific version of their app that would require its own purchase.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sign into both with your Google account, your phone and tab. Then everything you have downloaded or purchased in the Play Store will be available for your phone.

You can't access the Play Store with a yahoo account, doesn't mean apps won't work, but if you want to go to the Play Store and download anything, you have to do it with a Gmail account.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
This is where I'm a little confused, because when I go to the Play Store on my Note 4, it shows me signed-in with my Yahoo email address, and I have downloaded apps and they do work fine.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I guess there's a first time for everything! I remember when I first signed into the Play Store on my tablet, it suggested signing in with a Gmail account, and I thought it was necessary, so I signed up for a Gmail account, then used that account to sign-up with the Play Store.

With my Note, I just wanted to use my yahoo email account, and it didn't say otherwise.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I guess there's a first time for everything! I remember when I first signed into the Play Store on my tablet, it suggested signing in with a Gmail account, and I thought it was necessary, so I signed up for a Gmail account, then used that account to sign-up with the Play Store.

With my Note, I just wanted to use my yahoo email account, and it didn't say otherwise.

Well the thing is, if you bought any apps with your yahoo account, you can't download them again did free with your Gmail account on your phone.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Maybe a better way around this would be to sign out of the Play Store on my Note, then sign back in with the account associated with my tablet? It'll cost me less than $15 to reinstall the apps I've purchased in the last week on my Note. Hell, who knows? Maybe if I contact the developers of these apps, maybe there's a code they can give so I can reinstall them for free?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Maybe a better way around this would be to sign out of the Play Store on my Note, then sign back in with the account associated with my tablet? It'll cost me less than $15 to reinstall the apps I've purchased in the last week on my Note. Hell, who knows? Maybe if I contact the developers of these apps, maybe there's a code they can give so I can reinstall them for free?

Just add the account to your pad that you bought the apps on your Note 4 with and install the apps on your pad.

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
That's funny! Not the suggestion, but the fact that I just did this, and I was coming here to report! I didn't know this could be done, so I just wanted to try it. Turns out, it works!

Thank you all for your help!

Johnny Two-Shoes

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
Well, that's it! I just bought my Note last week, and I signed into the Play Store with my Yahoo account like I do with almost everything... except for my tablet! It took me a couple of days before I realized that my Note should have asked me if I wanted to install the apps that were installed on my tablet. After looking into it, I realized that I used a different sign-in account. I had purchased a few apps and I feared that I would have to delete the account associated with my Note to sign-in to the account associated with my tablet.

Now, it doesn't matter which account shows up in the Play Store, the apps downloaded with one account are still accessible when signed-in with the other account.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star