Can someone recommend me a new phone?

Nept0

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I need to buy a new phone because mine (Lumia 720) is too slow and I don't know why. I've never used an Android but I want to try it. I was looking for a phone with:

- Great performance: I won't play any heavy game so I don't need the best snapdragon or whatsoever (I don't understand nothing about this technical words tbh), but I want to be able to run, for example, WhatsApp, Google Chrome and Snapchat at the same time without crashing the apps.

- Decent camera: I don't want the best camera, but I want a camera which takes 'real' pictures. Front camera to me is very important (that's why I didn't decided which phone should I get yet...)

- Decent battery: I need a phone that can handle a full day (or almost a day) out of the outlet at least.

- Nice system: I don't understand many thigns about Android but I think (correct me if I'm wrong) the closer to 'pure' Android (like Moto X or Nexus) the 'best' the phone is. Xperia System is kinda cool in my opinion too. Touchwiz... not so much.

The phones I'm looking for are Xperia Z3, Xperia M4 Aqua and Moto X 2014. I don't know if those phones are good and I don't know any other model so I'll be glad if someone recommend me something that can fulfill my needs. Thank you!

8livesleft

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I also recommend LG G4. It's the phone that stopped me from being a Samsung guy after so many years starting from the original Galaxy S.

Mine's the international, dual-sim unlocked version tho. So it has no carrier bloatware.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

Nept0

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I also recommend LG G4. It's the phone that stopped me from being a Samsung guy after so many years starting from the original Galaxy S.

Mine's the international, dual-sim unlocked version tho. So it has no carrier bloatware.

Sent from my LG-H818 using Tapatalk

It's kinda expensive here and I don't have a great relationship with LG tbh... but thanks!

Nept0

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
What price range are you considering?
Hard to tell because the dolar is almost 4 times higher right now in Brazil (1 dollar = 4 reais). If I say a value I need to put the taxes with it (Moto X Style is $400 in US but R$ 2500 in Brazil, almost seven times higher for example). All I can say is that I can afford a 'middle to high-end' phone. Some models are Moto X 2014, Xperia Z3, etc...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hard to tell because the dolar is almost 4 times higher right now in Brazil (1 dollar = 4 reais). If I say a value I need to put the taxes with it (Moto X Style is $400 in US but R$ 2500 in Brazil, almost seven times higher for example). All I can say is that I can afford a 'middle to high-end' phone. Some models are Moto X 2014, Xperia Z3, etc...

I'm in Brazil too and a month ago bought the Moto X Play. You can buy the 32gb model for about R$ 1400,00, or even a bit less. Good value and it will be one of the first models to get the M update.

Nept0

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm in Brazil too and a month ago bought the Moto X Play. You can buy the 32gb model for about R$ 1400,00, or even a bit less. Good value and it will be one of the first models to get the M update.

I think I'm going to buy an Moto X Play too. Tbh I want the Z3 but front camera is a must-have to me and everybody is saying that Z3's front camera is awful. I really like Z3's design, that's why I'm confused. Thanks for the info!

viperchrisz4

Oct 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been really happy with my Zenfone 2 ($199 model). They have a new model out with 4GB ram for $229, 13mp camera, great for gaming, nice intel processor, 3000mah battery etc. About the best bang for the buck on the market right now :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969