Need help finding my new phone after a road block.

Specsquee

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I am currently with AT&T and have had an upgrade coming up. I was planning on sticking with my current phone Nokia Lumia 1520 or upgrading to a new windows phone but over the last few months I have just had enough with windows phones due to reasons I wont go into and the current quality of windows phones produced.

I had my eyes set on the new nexus phones coming out as I have always liked the quality and jumping into marshmellow seemed like a no brainer, but after recent rumors it seems like google might keep the new nexus phones out of stores and only sell the phones direct or online.

This leaves me in a weird place as the current range of phones seem sorta bland..not a Samsung guy and I am stuck with at&t..what is my best option?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, and welcome to AC - we will find out by the end of the day what the plans are for the Nexus lines. You could look at picking up a Moto X pure, that runs more or less stock Android with a couple of useful features added in. I know you said you weren't a Samsung guy, but the Note 5 is probably the best Android smartphone on the market right now.

If you can hold of for a few months you can see what HTC and Samsung bring out in Q1 of 2016.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Would you say the M9 is not an option? The opinions on it seem mixed but the build quality looks good and HTC said a marshmallow will be end up on the phone.

The M9 was a failed attempt this year from HTC. Overheating issues, poor battery life and sub par camera were issues in the beginning, which stopped me from buying it. These might have improved over the course of the year, but I wouldn't be able to comment unfortunately. They do make cracking looking phones though :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34