"This app is causing your device to run slowly" hundreds of times a day

A

AC Question

Today alone I've had countless Samsung Smart Manager notifications (I'm on the S6) telling me the Messenger app is running slowly or draining my battery life, and about ten "this application has stopped" notifications. It says I could disable auto open for Messenger but that kind of defeats the point of the app. I've restarted several times and reinstalled the app several times and my phone is still buzzing with notifications about how it's apparently making my device run slowly - doesn't seem slow to me, but the notifications are driving me mad. What's going on?

thiagoafram

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting the same thing, so annoying.

And as for the guy that replied:

"find Smart Manager and disable it" - It can't be disabled as it's samsung's stock app
"Messenger will still stop working though if not fully compatible with your Android OS" - It's a Galaxy S6. The app IS compatible, it started happening only today and I believe lots of people are getting it. It's either a samsung problem or a recent version of the Messenger. I hope they find a solution quickly

Houti47

Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Try going to Applications / Application Manager, swipe to All and find on Smart Manager. Tab on Clear Cache. Do the same for Messenger app. It worked for me. Hope it works for you

helbo15

Sep 30, 2015
Visit site
I am sick and tired of this Smart manager app.
I am on the S5 and it keep reporting apps from messenger to others that are supposed to be on when I need them...

I can't even disable Smart Manager because that option is greyed out.

Is there any way to disable or uninstall Smart manager without having to root my phone ?

because I'm so close to root my phone just to get rid of that annoying app..

KatlaKaren

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
(s5, android 5.0) I have the same issue with smart manager notifications. Additionally, the notifications, or smart manager itself, is 'bloating' my device so much that it becomes completely unresponsive - touch screen and buttons don't respond, which basically, temporarily, renders my device completely useless! My notifications refer only to facebook and messenger, and occur periodically, but sometimes 3-4 per minute!!
There's no way to disable or uninstall smart manager as it is a 'built in' Samsung app. I've contacted Samsung about it, as well as messenger/facebook, so will post anything I find out. It's a serious flaw that really needs to be fixed.
Screenshot_2015-11-05-14-54-43.jpg
Screenshot_2015-11-05-14-25-13.jpg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I just started receiving this issue as well today. Has anyone come up with a fix? I had this phone since release and never had this issue before. Does anyone know if wiping the cache or resetting the phone back to factory will resolve the issue? I really don't want to reset my phone and have to re-install all my apps all over again.

jinju0

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten this notification twice. I have a galaxy s6 with at&t. Att took the smart manager away. So when I tap the notification, it does not show what the app is. How do I find out what the,app us?

kyleresq

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I have an S6 with ATT. Just yesterday it started alerting me about my antivirus software. No chance I'm deleting that. There's no option to disable it or turn notifications off. It's driving me crazy.

KatlaKaren

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
So, I managed to have an online chat with Samsung about the issue and also received an email response, both suggested I try a factory reset.
Below is the email I received.
However, while I was going about setting up and backing up with samsung switch (which I really needed to do anyways), I did a few phone restarts (as restarting does seem to temporarily stop the notifications, or at least reduce the number) the notifications reduced and then stopped entirely! I'm not entirely sure why, but it might have been to do with uninstalling facebook and messenger and then restarting with them still uninstalled. I then reinstalled them after restart. It seems to have worked for me, and I haven't had a problem for over a month now. If that doesn't work for you, then I suggest backing up with samsung switch and doing the factory reset, and samsung staff advised. Good luck!

---------------
From: Samsung Electronics UK Customer Support, 10th Nov 2015:
I would recommend you perform a full factory data reset on your phone. A factory reset will erase all of the information stored on your device and will restore the software to original manufacturer settings. It will not remove software updates but it can undo any changes to settings that might be causing you problems.

In order to back up your data, you will need to install Smart Switch onto your PC. You can download Smart Switch from the Samsung website.

Once Smart Switch is installed, please follow these steps:

1. Connect your device to your computer using the Samsung USB Cable that came with your device (the charging cable with the plug head removed)
2. Open Smart Switch and click the Back Up/Restore tab.
3. Click Data Backup
4. Mark the check box next to the content you want to back up. You can select all content by marking the check box next to Select all Items. Click Backup.
5. Click Complete when the backup is finished.
6. You can have Smart Switch automatically back up your device every time it’s connected by clicking the check box next to Automatically back up when USB connection is established.

To factory reset the device please follow the next steps:

1. From the Home Screen, tap the Applications menu item.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Scroll down to Back up and Reset.
4. Tap the Factory Data Reset menu item.
5. Tap the Reset phone button.
6. Tap the Erase Everything button.
--------------

Tony C5

Nov 27, 2017
Visit site
Go to your setting. Click cloud and accounts. Go to accounts and click it. Click on Google. If you have two or more accounts, click each of them. If one of the account have a question mark that it wasn't sync, turn it off. Your phone is trying to sync to cloud and since it always failed to sync, it keeps on trying to sync which causes your phone to slow down. Once you turn that off. Reset your phone. Hopefully it solves the problem. It did on mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol