Anybody else having battery draining issues after updating to Android Pay?

A

AC Question

I have a GS6 and had as good as expected battery life up until the day I updated to Android Pay. As a result of adding Android Pay, I also has to start using a screen lock that I had not previously used. Now i have to charge at lunch because it's down to 20-25% by noon when I used to make it home with 45-55% every day. Nothing else changed as far as I know.

I feel Android Pay is just like Apple Pay because I've turned into a "wall-hugger" like an iPhone user.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Did the installation of Android Pay cause you to go from never using NFC to always having it turned on? Like all radios in the phone, NFC consumes battery. I'm still experimenting with Android Pay, and I find it only a minor inconvenience to turn on NFC just before I need it then turn it off again. Net result - Android Pay having no impact on battery.

anon(5600632)

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
Oh well, that was my best guess. Now it's back to reboot, cache clear, maybe a cache partition clear from recovery. It's hard to know what causes these battery drains, but these things often fix it - maybe they stop some kind of runaway process that happened coincidental with, or related to the Android Pay update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463