I have an LG, generic tracfone, I downloaded an app, Deemo (my plan was to move it to the SD card once it finished downloading because internal storage isn't very large), and towards it being 97% completed, it cancelled saying there is Insufficient Space. I look into my storage, and 75% of the internal storage is taken up, when before the failed download there was only about 25% of the storage filled. So I delete as many apps as I can, and try again. Still insufficient.
    I have given up on trying to get the app. So is there any way I can get rid of this thing that is taking up all my storage so I can get my deleted apps back?
    Sorry, I don't know very much about the phone, since it is fairly new to me.
    10-02-2015 07:50 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app (if the phone doesn't have one preinstalled, try Total Commander) to look for any directories related to that app that tried to install. Concentrate on the /Android/ directory, specifically /Android/obb. obb files are large data files that are associated with apps, and sometimes they don't get deleted if the app didn't successfully install.
    10-03-2015 02:37 AM
    Hi, I literally had the same problem where my prasing file got cancelled but the apk installation file still took up some of my storage. My problem was resolved by simply restarting my phone. I hope this helps your issue.
    02-19-2022 06:03 PM
    Hi, I literally had the same problem where my prasing file got cancelled but the apk installation file still took up some of my storage. My problem was resolved by simply restarting my phone. I hope this helps your issue.
    Welcome to AC!
    Thanks for your tip , the Orginal Poster never registered back in 2015 , im thinking they probably don't have the device anymore , but we will never know.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-19-2022 06:27 PM