How do I sync my itunes music from my laptop to my Samsung Galaxy Core LTE?

A

AC Question

I have downloaded KIES onto my laptop but I still can't get my music to sync onto the phone (which, by the way, I have had for 3 months- hated it when I first got it, and thought I would 'learn' to like it....still hate it....).
Trying to do ANYTHING is a monumental task. You can't even access the USER MANUAL on the phone itself as it comes up with a message saying there is no link available!! (rolling my eyes).
Anyways, I have tried Samsung tech support- no help. The last email I got from them told me that perhaps my laptop wasn't compatible (??? it's an ASUS and not very old...) and they told me to click on a link in the email that would take me to a page that would tell me if my laptop was compatible or not. I spent HOURS searching the link and there was nothing even remotely like that. ANY help, guidance, suggestions, website link,s or ANYTHING at all that will help me figure out how to use this phone would be VERY appreciated!!! Thanks for your help! Patti

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It depends a bit on what you mean by "syncing" your iTunes music with the phone. If you mean true syncing (i.e., any change you make on the computer is reflected on the phone, and vice versa, whenever you connect via USB and sync), then you can try apps like iSyncr or doubleTwist. People seem to have variable success with these solutions--some have no problems, others run into issues with missing songs or incorrect song info or artwork. Remember that iTunes is an Apple product, so they're not interested in making this easy for Android users--you have to rely on 3rd party developers to figure out how to interface the two.

If you're ok with just getting your whole iTunes library into your phone, you can just connect the phone to the computer via USB and drag-and-drop the iTunes music files to the phone's Music directory. Keep the conventional Artist>Album>Song folder hierarchy. Copying massive amounts of data at one time might increase the risk of data error, so you may want to copy files in smaller batches.

I would also suggest uploading your entire iTunes library to your Google Play Music library in the cloud, where you can access the music from any device that is logged into your Google account. https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1075570?hl=en

patti24

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi B. Diddy,
Sorry I haven't responded- just getting back here.
I still haven't done this, but I will give it a try in the next few days. I will have to look at this "Google Play Music library in the cloud thing,"....don't know anything about it and (blush) don't even know if I have a Google account, or if I do, I don't know where it is or how to access it!!
Thank you for your help though! I'm SURE I'll be back....:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad