why is 3g service dropped as soon as..

A

AC Question

So ive got android 4.3 on a gs3, and had been looking for free hotspot options. My service provider is ntelos wireless (im in virginia), and they to date do not offer free tethering.

After days of research I made a few attempts . It was "1-click tether no root" app that was successful for me. I used it for online play for an hour or so. It did fine, much better than my satellite internet.. which is garbage.

However, after successful attempt, I uninstalled for paranoid reasons I suppose. My very next attempt, and every attempt since, be it 1click, pda, foxfi...same results. Once the hotspot is enabled my 3g (or rather simply my service) drops. It doesn't return until the said app is turned off and the mobile data is toggled off and back on.

I dont have a laptop to do pc-incorporated tethers... so im at a loss. Anyone have any ideas?

Im noy tech savvy any more.. so laymen terms would be appreciated

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It may be that by using those apps, you are breaching the terms of the contract with your network provider. They will be aware that you are using them. It may be best to seek advice from them before proceeding further.

Posted via the Android Central App