Hi, so I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 that's served me well since I got it just after it's release. It's had a broken USB port for a while that I worked around by using a wireless charger. About 2 hours ago, one of my drunk friends knocked my phone out of my hands and the screen/digitizer immediately stopped working.

I'd like to be able to pull my photos off the phone, but I'm not sure if that's possible in it's current state.

Yes I know I should've made more frequent backups, but what's done is done.
    10-04-2015 12:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you're stuck, since the microUSB port is not functional. If it was working, you could've tried this method: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...ed-screen.html
    nahoku likes this.
    10-04-2015 01:21 AM
    Op here, made an account. Even if my phone doesn't have a passcode/pin am I still screwed?

As a last ditch effort, would I be able to swap my phone's board into a friend's S3 with a working screen and go in and upload everything to google drive (or similar?)
    10-04-2015 09:42 AM
    The problem is that you need some way to give commands to the phone. If the screen is dead, touch is obviously out. If the microUSB port is dead, then you can't use an OTG cable for a USB mouse or other input device. The only way would be Bluetooth or wi-fi, but you won't be able to get into the phone to turn those on. If they're on already, you'd still need to be able to acknowledge file transfers over Bluetooth, and wi-fi requires an app like AirDroid or Wi-fi File Explorer to be installed.

Theoretically, swapping the motherboard into another phone should work, but if you don't do it right, you could kill the other phone as well.
    10-04-2015 01:16 PM