How can I update my rooted phone?

A

AC Question

My device is running Android 4.4.2 which is strange because I saw somewhere that the current version available is 5.something. When I tried to system update an error message came up saying "The operating system on your device has been modified in an unauthorised way. Try downloading software updates using Samsung Kies on your PC or visit a customer servive centre."
So I tried using Samsung Kies but it wouldn't work so I emailed Samsung explaining my situation snd ended up giving them my ODIN details. They told me my device has been rooted and my warranty is now voided so they can't help me.
Can anyone tell me if theres a way of updating my device or how to unroot my device and then update? (Btw if you're going to be really technical can you explain it thoroughly)
Many thanks,
Person stuck on Android 4.4.2

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
K. I'm not familiar with O2, but my suggestion would be that you find the OEM software from Sammobile and use Odin to reflash it. You might want to see if someone here is familiar with O2, cuz these flashes vary from carrier to carrier. Good luck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci