My Samsung Tablet's internet is being insanely SLOW

A

AC Question

So firstly, i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 (On 4.2.2 Andriod Version)

I recently just got a new internet provider (Comcast-Xfinity 100mb Down/10mbs Up) and my Tablet is loading pages INSANELY slow ( .48mbs Down/ .05mbs Up), i mean its unbearable to say the least.

It worked for the first day perfect. But out of no where, while i was using it, it just stopped loading pages. So i tried restarting my router, then i tried reseting it. I also tried reseting my Tablet (Factory reset), but to no luck.

Ive tried Turning off my GPS and any access to my location hoping it would relieve some Bandwidth or something. But its not that, something is interfering with my Tablets WIFI severly. Please someone help!

Android Loraz

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I figured out the problem, none of those trouble shooting methods was the issue. Although it did shed a little light on what the issue was.

So i have Xfinity internet (Comcast) and the router they gave me runs at 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz, 2.4 GHz is made for more long distance WIFI and 5.0 is short distance but much faster. It also has 3.0 USB which i thought might be interfering with the 2.4 GHz signal since then both run at very close frequencies. But that wasnt the issue at all, heres what i did when all those trouble shooting methods didnt work

For most commercial routers they have between 1-8 frequency signals (Channels) for the WIFI (meaning 2.4 GHz or 5.0 GHz runs in 8 different frequencies on average). Now if you live in an apartment complex (like myself), chances are you and everyone else will have the same provider (mine being Comcast) and the routers are also very cluttered together. If someone else (probably a neighbor or someone really close) is running their router at the same channel as yours (say they to are useing 2.4GHz while useing the same channel as you) then yours and theirs will interfere with each other sort of speak.

Now to trouble shoot this is different with each provider, but chances are they let you choose your channel in your network settings. So depending on whos the provider, just google "how to change router channel in Comcast (or what ever your provider is) network settings". If you still cant figure out how to then i would recommend calling your provider and asking them to change the channel on your router until you find one that doesnt correlate with another router within proximity

Also you can buy some really awesome router that runs at like 180 different channels and just dial it to like 150 so no one will ever be able to interfere with yours again!! ;)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks for the followup! There actually were a few followup comments in that Guide where the issue of congested wi-fi channels was discussed.