_Displaying_ Duplicate Contacts - Nexus 5

A

AC Question

My Nexus 5 (on both KitKat and now Marshmallow) is _displaying_ duplicate contacts.

There are no duplicates in my Gmail Contacts, but the phone is showing multiples of some contacts. They are identical in every way and deleting one deletes the Contact so they both vanish.

I have verified that they are *true* duplicates by editing one (one both device and PC) and having the change show up in both duplicates on my phone.

This isn't hurting anything, apparently, but is truly annoying.

Any ideas?

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I am using Nexus 5 as well updated to marshmallow. My contacts are getting duplicated as well. For various contacts the duplicate records are even for 10 times. This also slowed down the contact app as I had more than 800 unique contacts synced with LinkedIn, Facebook, WhatsApp, Google. Other email accounts. The list is now multiplied to around 5000 contacts including duplicated ones. Need a quick resolution please. Dissolves the experience of Marshmallow comoletely, also where is the battery optimizer? Can't see the famous my battery drain of Nexus 5 going away with a software OS update

Gregory Devine

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Updated to Marshmallow last night, and for the first few hours had no contacts. This morning I have at least 10 contacts per original contact, so now my contact list is in the 10,000 range. I tried merging contacts, but I can't merge more than two together, and I have at least 10+ per contact.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phlyx