S2 Plus RAM issues.

DragosMugurel

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hello everybody !
I got a small problem on my S2 Plus.
My RAM is Usually Full at 750-780 MB (has 804 mb total) even if NO APP FROM PLAYSTORE WHICH RUNS IN BACKROUND is active.
I rebooted but it lasted for a day or two. What should I do ?
It has 4.2.2 and it s rooted.
New soft ?
Hope for a reply soon.
Best regards,
Dragos

Posted via the Android Central App on Galaxy S2 Plus.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Android usually wants RAM relatively full--that's how it'd designed. Your RAM seems extra full, though, since most devices keep RAM around 70-80% full. What apps and services are using RAM actively? If there's anything that takes up an inordinate amount of RAM that you rarely use, consider uninstalling it temporarily, and see if RAM fills up that much again with other apps.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
B. Diddy is right. Don't worry about it. Android handles RAM differently than Windows. It's normal, desirable behavior for RAM to run around 75-85% full, maybe even a little higher.

Let Android handle things as intended. It will automatically optimize operation if you let it.

For more information on how Android handles multitasking, processes, RAM, etc automatically for you, read this post by one of the authors of Android:

http://android-developers.blogspot.com/2010/04/multitasking-android-way.html?m=1

Android since v1.0. Linux since 2001

Polterry

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a similiar problem. I have 1GB and I often find I am unable to update an existing app / download a new app as Android tells me there is not enough memory. I go to Apps and go through every app deleting data which sometime frees enough to complete the download / install. However even if I am successful a week or so later the problem will re-occur with another download.
If I rooted my phone could I reject apps like Google Books and so have more memory available or would it make no difference?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You are confusing RAM memory with internal storage memory. The 1GB is RAM system memory, I can't tell you how much storage memory you have. This simple little app can tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=sa.storagetruth&token=IOi5NjUM

Rooting will make no difference. It cannot magically increase the memory built into the phone. Apps that cannot be removed except by rooting the phone are called system apps and are installed in a different space than apps you download and install. So removing them does not affect the app space available. System apps don't take up all that much space anyway..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power