New Idol 3 vs Pre-owned Galaxy S4

mraiii

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
My father has a Rugby Pro that is starting to slow down and he wants to get a new phone.

I've been suggesting an Idol 3, as all he uses it for is to call and text.

Best phone at the $200 - $300 range and it sits right in the middle at $250 (in my opinion) .

But now, AT&T is selling Pre-owned Galaxy S4 for $128. Looking at the specs, the Idol 3 edges it out in the processor department, but it looks like the S4 has a nicer screen (same resolution, but at .5 smaller so better ppi).

So I'm going back and forth and would like to get a recommendation.

A Pre-owned slightly less spec'd Galaxy S4 at $128 vs a nice new slightly more powerful Idol 3 at $250.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The Idol 3 is a great mid range phone and I definitely prefer it over the S4 (using i3 as daily driver over G4) since it has a much brighter display (big difference in sunlight), all day battery life, loud front facing speakers, reversible UI, on screen buttons and runs stock Android. However, a pre-owned S4 at $128 is a good option if your dad just texts and makes calls.

What about the 2015 Moto G? The screen is lower resolution but it's water resistant, runs stock Android and battery life is supposed to be excellent. The 16 GB version with 2 GB RAM is $219.

Is the size of the phone a factor? The i3 is quite a bit bigger than the Rugby Pro and S4.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie