Why is my Galaxy S6 edge plus's battery draining so fast?

A

AC Question

I recently bought this phone and I have noticed that the battery is draining fast. The battery level dropped by almost 10% in 15-20 mins while I was just doing normal texting. I have used the phone in safe mode as well and in standby mode the phone just lasted for 24 hrs as opposed to 3 days of standby time as claimed by Samsung. So I was just wondering if there is an issue with my battery or with the phone or if this is normal in S6 edge plus?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Exact same issue with my S6 Edge. Powered up my phone to 100% last night, this morning its at 30%! Nothing running, no apps in freq used. Battery usage and gsam both report its the os. Ugh!

Welcome. :)

Android OS is an old favourite for occasional battery drain. Sometimes it settles down after a few days, but it's always worth trying a simple Reboot first.
Is this a device you've just acquired?

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Your Cell Standby is pretty high, which makes me wonder if your cell signal is generally weak. Show us the GSam graph with the Cell Signal Strength.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
No need to apologize--we're just glad to have you as a member!:)

Yes, it's generally good to see the stats over most of a single battery charge. Gives us a more complete picture of your day.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to comment if the battery didn't drain like it did before. Were you in the same general locations this time, compared to when it drained quickly?

Also, that last screenshot doesn't seem to show the cell signal strength--it seems to be showing the battery temperature (even though I see "segnale" highlighted at the top).

ticktick89

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I was in the same locations with this charging cycle. I send another screenshot of the signal. I'm sorry beceause i took it when the battery was charging, but it could be seen the last days stats. Screenshot_20160627-193006.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's generally pretty good, although there are those later downward spikes. It would be ideal to see that graph the next time you experience battery drain.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That signal doesn't look too bad. I would agree that the battery life isn't great. How old is the phone? Do you regularly let the battery drain to a very low level (i.e., <10%), or let it shut off automatically due to low battery? Doing this regularly can shorten the overall battery lifespan.

ticktick89

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
I bought the phone in November of the last year. I usually let the battery drain until 20-15%. I thought that my problem could be due to the battery life. I think i will call the assistance to replace it if you think that the battery life isn't good

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
1 hour of screen-on time with the battery at 20% seems pretty poor--that's on par with or even worse than the Nexus 5, which had notoriously mediocre battery life. And it's not like it's been several days between charges--it looks like this is over the course of 1.5 days. I'll let others with an S6 edge+ weigh in here, but I'd lean towards getting a battery replacement.

As a rule of thumb, start recharging the battery when it hits 30-40%. It's ok to let it go lower every now and then, but the more often you do that, the faster the battery will deteriorate.

ticktick89

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Well, i will call the assistance to replace the battery. With the new battery i will charge the phone when it will hits 30-40% and not like a did untill now. I really thank you for the assistance and for the patience that you had to listen my problems. I hope to discuss with you again! :)

Ymir1982

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
recently bought samsung s6 edge plus and battery is draining like 10% every hour i have to recharge every day atleast 2 times with very little SOT PLEASE ADVISE HOW TO FIX THIS . i am not getting the device to go in deep sleep and overnight device loses 50%- 60% battery
the android is using most of the battery if anyone can help fix this

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

raydawgs

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
my edge plus gets about 5hrs 20min standby, 12hrs since I unplugged it with constant use and it dies. is that normal, I'm very picky cause I use to have excellent battery with my htc one m8. if so can you give me tips

StonedApe

Aug 25, 2016
Visit site
You guys think I need a new battery....lol

I actually just received my new battery and going to install it but wanted to share my screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160825-112748.jpg
    Screenshot_20160825-112748.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 5