Please pick me a perfect phone, im picky!

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I have narrowed down to a few choices but im going to give a list of things i want in a phone in order of most to least important, maybe someone can suggest a phone i never heard of! I use cricket wireless so any GSM unlocked phone will work.

1. Size. I dont like big phones, 4.5-4.7 inch screen in the sweet spot for me.
2. Loud speaker! I listen to podcasts and stuff in the shower, my current LG G2 simply fails in this area. Front facing speakers would be preferred but i can deal with bottom firing if they are LOUD!
3. Price. I dont want to spend more than 250 bucks for a new unlocked phone, no refurbs or used please.
4. Texture of phone. I REALLY like how the moto e 2nd gen feels in hand, it has a very rubbery finish that would make it hard to drop, but coming from a lg g2 moto e is simply too much of a downgrade (and it doesnt have a camera flash even!)
5. Has a "clear all" button in the recent apps page that brings you back to your homescreen after you press it! I know this sounds far too picky, but LG in their infinite wisdom added this button only that you stay in the recent app page once you press it, meaning you have to hit home button to exit that screen!
6. I need a phone that you can prop up on its side to watch videos on, for example a HTC one m8 without a case falls over when you try to rest it against something. To add further to this, id prefer all buttons on right side (as you are looking at screen) so one side is void of buttons for landscape viewing on its side.
7. At least 720p resolution.
8. AC wireless with 5ghz is a plus because i just got an AC router, but not a total dealbreaker.
9. Charging port in the MIDDLE of the bottom of the phone, not offset. I know very picky, but after getting used to a phone with the port in the middle just makes it so much easier to plug in especially in the dark.
10. Stock keyboard with NUMBER keys on top so i dont have to hit a modifier key just to show the number row.
11. Stock lollipop lock screen. LG REALLY messed up the lock screen on the G2 with lollipop, after you press a notification it does not take you to it, instead you have to swipe to unlock the phone, a very tedious and simply unnescessary step.
12.Tap to wake i have gotten really used to, but if the phone does not have it its not a deal breaker.
13. 2gb's of memory minimum. Ive used phones with 1gb and they really bog down after a while. Id be ok with a mid spec CPU like a snapdragon 410 they are perfectly adequate, ram seems to be the most important hardware spec on a mobile phone. Its possible 1.5gb would be sufficient ive just never tried one with that amount.

Thats all i can think of at the moment lol. What do you guys think, can i find the perfect phone for me? (i recently gave my mom my LG G2 and she loves it, now its time for me to find something i adore:)

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
What about the 1st gen moto x?

It has a 4.7" 720p screen, 2 GB RAM, soft touch back, centered bottom charging port, buttons on right side, runs stock Android and is less than $250 unlocked. The speaker is on the back but it's loud.

Sent from my 6045I using Tapatalk

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
The 4.5-4.7 inch screen, all buttons on right side and $250 or less price range for unlocked phone really limits your options.

Well ill list a couple phones im considering:

First generation moto x
Alcatel idol 3 4.7"

Moto x is missing front/bottom firing speakers, but from reviews i read i guess it gets fairly loud? (wish i had one to test)
Idol 3 has power button in an odd position and it has no AC wifi.

Would love to see more suggestions, been out of the phone game for a while but these two are the closest to what i want so far. Help a brotha out lol!

I see you also suggested the first gen moto x. You say soft touch back, have you felt the 2015 moto e to compare it to? I really like the way that phone feels. Secondly, would a first gen moto x stand up on its side (the side without buttons) without tipping over? Just want sure if its soft touch enough to grab onto a surface and not fall over.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Well ill list a couple phones im considering:

First generation moto x
Alcatel idol 3 4.7"

I would have suggested 4.7 inch idol 3 but it doesn't have 2 GB RAM, only has 8 GB internal storage, the power button is on left and the charging port isn't centered on bottom (right edge). Idol 3 also has hard plastic back and slippery faux chrome on all sides.

I see you also suggested the first gen moto x. You say soft touch back, have you felt the 2015 moto e to compare it to? I really like the way that phone feels. Secondly, would a first gen moto x stand up on its side (the side without buttons) without tipping over? Just want sure if its soft touch enough to grab onto a surface and not fall over.

The back of the 1st gen moto x doesn't feel the same as moto e but it still feels good. Not sure if it would tip over.

Araxxis

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
I would have suggested 4.7 inch idol 3 but it doesn't have 2 GB RAM, the power button is on left and the charging port isn't centered on bottom (right edge). Idol 3 also has hard plastic back and slippery faux chrome on all sides.

The back of the 1st gen moto x doesn't feel the same as moto e but it still feels good. Not sure if it would tip over.

Cool it looks like the first gen moto x is leading the way then. One thing ill miss a little is no IR blaster that i didnt list above, but tbh ive used that maybe 3 times in 6 months on my g2 lol.

Feel free to list any other phones you guys think are relevant, now time to scour ebay to find the cheapest new unlocked moto x lol.