*HELP*How to fix phone that says "NO COMMAND" in recovery mode

A

AC Question

My phone recently stopped working and when I use a certain combination of keys to boot it into recovery mode there is the little android symbol with a warning sign above it with "No Command" written beneath it. A friend told me I seem to have wiped the recovery hardware without knowing and I was wondering if there is any way to reinstall the proper software or, alternatively, is there any way to remove all my pictures and music and contacts from my phone's internal memory? I asK this because a lot of stuff didn't save to my SD Card.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome.

When you see that screen, the phone is waiting for you to give a command. To do so, press and hold Power, and at the same time press Volume Up once. Release both buttons after the boot options appear. Use Volume Up or Down - it doesn't matter which - to highlight the option you want. Depending on what you're trying to do, Reboot or Wipe Cache Partition would be good choices. I recommend the latter....it can fix a number of problems and will cause no loss of personal data. Once you've selected, press Power once to confirm. Note that some phones take ten minutes or so to do a Cache Partition wipe.
Get back to us if you need further advice.

Posted via the Android Central App

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I may have worded it badly. When you see that screen, press and hold Power, and while holding Power, press Volume Up once....and so on from there. Does that do it?

I'm assuming you're still at the "No Command" screen. Is that so?

Posted via the Android Central App

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
What type of phone do you have? Let it sit on the no command screen for a min or two before touching any other buttons.

Still nothing?

Then it seems like you may just need to Reflash the device. One of my old N7's randomly went into a bootloop and it would always hang at no command waiting for the reboot screen to pop up.

Boy Chisco

Jul 2, 2016
Visit site
Hi to everyone. I have an itel 1508 android phone. This phone stucked at "No command" while updating my wireless network. Since then it has remained like that. Restarts on its own after let's say 1 to 2 mins.Please help me out

cori uday

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
Starting I have rooted my phone with the help of king root app. This app has bricked my mobile. Then I have open the custom recovery it is only showing only "No command" and also not showing the options such as reset, reboot,install and other options what I have to do please help me I want to root my phone, if my custom recovery will get back doesn't show the "No command" please help me I will give plenty of thanks please

black savage143

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
My lg ms345 stays at the no command screen here is what i did

1.# I tried to update my phone

2.# It said error so i took out the battery

3.#Every time I turn on my phone it doesnt fully turn on it just stays at the no command screen.

How to fix this anyone help

Doesnt work on lg ms345

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21