How do I back up the contents of the phone I destroyed to my laptop?

A

AC Question

I purchased a Galaxy Note 3 about a year ago. I cracked the screen badly and since I'm due for an upgrade anyway, I decided to try and replace the glass myself. Long story short i didn't heat the adhesive enough and when the glass was separating from the digitizer(hope my terminology is correct), it (the digitizer) cracked badly. Now the screen doesn't work and i can't operate the phone, but want to save the setup i had, my photos and files, etc to my laptop (2015 macbook air). Would a backup like this be possible without being able to use the screen on my phone? If so, how? As a bonus question, what phone should i upgrade to? A few nexus models I've seen look pretty attractive... Anyway, thanks for any responses!

OrganBoy

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the response; the guide seems very doable as my situation is almost identical to the one in the post. And all I really wanted to recover were my pictures so this works out well! Unfortunately I have additional security locks on my gallery, but it seems like I'll be able to use the same process to bypass that. Thank you both for the help and the welcoming!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia