How do you edit an appointment in Android 5.1 calendar?

A

AC Question

I recently updated my phone to Android 5.1. Previously I could tap an appointment on the calendar to open it and then edit it. Now when I open an appointment, I can't find a way to edit it. Please advise.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which device? Are you using the stock Calendar app, or the actual Google Calendar app?

If you tap the event and you see it open up, do you see a pencil icon anywhere (which would be the Edit button)? If not, tap the Menu button (the one that looks like 3 vertical dots), and look for an Edit option there.

RickDiam

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your response. I have a Motorola Moto G phone. The calendar app came with the phone, so I guess it's the stock Calendar app. When I open the appointment there is no pencil and no menu button, just an X in the upper left corner that closes the appointment and brings me back to the calendar.

RickDiam

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I don't know what generation. I got it from Consumer Cellular and it uses the AT&T network. The screenshot is attached. I've discovered that if I create a new appointment on the phone and open it, the pencl icon does appear. But if it was created before I upgraded to Android 5.1 or if it was created on my computer, it does not.Screenshot_2015-10-17-11-25-12.png

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess it has to do with that. I've never used Office 365, so I can't test it out. What happens if you enter an event into your Google account calendar--can you delete that easily?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800