Galaxy S3 NEO Doesn't charge at all!

A

AC Question

my samsung galaxy s3 neo(8months old) recently presented some charging issues as it stopped charging with the devices charger and rebooted randomly while charging.i tryied another charger and occurs the same problem.till yesterday i was able to charge it on my laptop but it isn'p effective anymore... any ideas??
SOS

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a new or different battery? If that doesn't work, then the microUSB port might be faulty, and would require a trip to the repair shop (unless you're really handy and want to try doing it yourself). If it's somehow still under warranty, contact Samsung.

Giorgos M

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
(well i just made an account :p ) ..so actually is still under warranty...i will test it with another battery though...i just don't want to format/reset the phone on factory settings...do you think if i get it on a shop they will perform them?
one last question: do you think there is any possiblity this hole thing started because a few months ago i started using both the the device's charger and another samsung's one??(samsung galaxy mini)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I would guess that a repair shop would try a new battery first. I doubt they'd try to factory reset it for an issue like that. If it's still under warranty, don't mess around with repair shops, because they might void your warranty, depending on what they do.

I doubt it has anything to do with using the other Samsung charger. Phones are smart enough not to be "overcharged" by a charger. It's much more likely that your battery is simply defective.

Giorgos M

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
i will use my warranty and get it to them..it's really weird though cause today for example using the second charger it charges fine...it may confuse them,as far as it is a battery or a usb port problem...anyway,thanks for your help..! :D

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Ok, if a different charger works ok, then it might still be the charger's problem. Does the second charger work consistently? Be aware that issues can arise with both the charging plug and the cable, so make sure both of them are different from the original one that wasn't working.

Giorgos M

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
it does't work consistently...today it charged fine and quick till 43% and then stopped.yesterday it was charging(slowly) only from my laptop(the other one) ..tottaly random situation... yes the other charger is different,it is acctually one piece,the cable doesn't disconnect from the plug..so remaining possibilities are broblematic battery or faulty mobile's usb port most likely...i don't think is a software problem,i tryied to charge it on safe mode,where no apps work and still couldn't...that period also it used to reboot randomly while charging,it doesn't do this anymore don't kow why...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith