12-29-2020 08:54 PM
33 12
tools Reply
    I have the same problem too.

I also use various iPads. They never lose the connection.... but my S2 loses the connection when playing games.... (which is what I principally use it for). My other Samsung tablets don't lose the connection (NotePro 12.2, Note 8).

It appears nobody has come up with a solution here.

I have to say I'm disappointed in the tablet as a result. It's not a cheap device. When I bought it, it was being recommended by all the blogs and tech sites as the best Android tablet (apart from the Google Pixel).
    04-15-2017 03:07 PM
    This issue with wifi not connecting and disconnecting and or getting the "no internet connection" message started after the latest system update from Samsung. So roughly a month ago for me. Prior to this latest update WiFi was always stable no issues whatsoever. I have tiried different wifi networks just to be sure the issue is with the tablet, home, office, hotel, airport, client networks and tethering to my phone. I have the same problem no matter which wifi network I use.
    So IMO Samsung needs to come to our rescue and fix this mess asap. Especially if they want me to consider another Samsung tablet for my next purchase. Without reliable WiFi connection the tablet is only slightly more useful than my old desktop calculator!! And, its getting annoying pretty fast to the point that im starting to use my laptop pc where I usually used the tablet.
    06-28-2017 12:40 AM
    I have the same issue with my Galaxy tab A10.1. I have two of them and one updated to the new version and the other one i keep postponing the update because of the WiFi issue.
    07-12-2017 12:07 PM
    I'm visiting my sister. She had AT&T Uverse installed today. After the install my Samsung S2 tablet would not stay connected; it would go off and back on again about every 30 seconds - annoying!!

I researched and couldn't find a solution that worked so I tried this...

Router has both 2.4 and 5 network bands, configured with the same name. My device was automatically connecting to the 5 GHz band**. I changed the name of the 2.4 network so that I could see it and connect specifically to it. As of about 30 minutes ago I haven't lost connectivity on my tablet. I was also having some issues with my laptop so I changed it to connect to the 2.4 network; same thing, no more drops.

I don't know if this means that there is a problem with the router or not but at least I'm staying connected now.

I hope this might help someone else out.

**Note that I couldn't find any place on the tablet to specify to only use 2.4 GHz so that's why I renamed that network - so my tablet would see it as a separate one and then I could control what band I connected to.
    10-10-2017 10:43 PM
    Settings-connections-more connection settings

Turn off Scan for nearby devices

Will also save battery life.
    08-30-2019 10:01 AM
    Are you holding the tablet in landscape mode? If so take your hand off the bottom right corner in landscape mode. Observe your wifi signal strength. Place your hand back on the bottom right corner as you would normally hold it, and observe the wifi signal strength.
    10-04-2019 10:53 AM
    Settings-connections-more connection settings

Turn off Scan for nearby devices

Will also save battery life.
    No, sorry didn't work for me. There seem to be many different issues in this thread. In my case Tab S2 just disconnects after it's been unused for a period, usually overnight. I have to turn WiFi off and on again (i.e it won't automatically reconnect unless I do). It's been a long time since I got this bug and I've just got used to manually reconnecting. It's just really annoying especially as my Samsung S series phones have never had this problem.
    01-16-2020 12:30 AM
    I have had my Tab S2 for a few days and experienced regular disconnections from my home router. The tablet would reconnect automatically, but it was still annoying. Searching the web I found a setting possibly responsible: Nearby device scanning (under More connection settings). I switched this Off and have not had a single issue over the last 24 hours. )
    Hope this helps some of you!
    I had similar network issues. Some apps were functional even though I was receiving “network not connected” messages. I have had no further issues after turning the “nearby device scanning” feature off. Thanks for the heads up.
    12-29-2020 08:54 PM
33 12