12-29-2020 08:54 PM
33 12
tools Reply
    The disconnection would happen when I'm watching youtube or playing hearthstone, both being about 25-30min into it. I thought it was from downloading messenger+ app but not the case as the wifi status becomes "no internet connection" after 25-30min of wifi usage. I've tried Google searching for my problems but I can not find any relevant problem with mine.
    10-18-2015 01:31 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your home wi-fi network, or also on others?
    10-18-2015 01:49 PM
    Just a home wifi by AT&T, my laptop and galaxy S5 phone uses it well except my new Tab S2
    10-18-2015 01:59 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router. Also make sure the router isn't using a congested wi-fi channel. See this guide for more details: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html
    10-18-2015 02:57 PM
    Rebooted the router, still losing internet connection around 25-30min of plating hearthstone and I checked the link you sent me, no congested wi-if channels.
    10-18-2015 06:51 PM
    Does the router have a QoS setting (Quality of Service)? If so, turn that off.

Also, see what happens if you play that game on a public hotspot, like at your local Starbucks or public library. Does it stop after 30 minutes there as well?
    10-18-2015 11:32 PM
    Just now having time to reply back...

I spent over an hour yesterday at Starbuck with NO wifi drops at all.
    **So it seems the QoS for the Motorola 3300 adsl is AKA Differentiated service and upon clicking that, the box labeled "enabled" is left unchecked and Low-High Priority Ratio (1-100) is set to 92

Hope that info was useful :|
    11-01-2015 02:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Is this only on your home wi-fi network, or also on others?
    Mine happens on all wifi networks. I've tried updating, tried updating PRL and profile, software, apps. No idea what to do.
    09-18-2016 01:03 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are there any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saving apps? If so, turn them off.
    09-18-2016 02:20 AM
    My issue never got resolved. My only hunch is that the wifi provides by AT&T was the issue....I've moved and been using Google fiber and haven't had any connection issue
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-18-2016 08:53 AM
    I have same problem. Started after about 1 month, have to reboot now about once per day to clear problem. When it occurs, turning wifi off works, but cannot turn back on. It actually moves radio button back to off after about 10 secondo. I have updated to most recent patches. Does not happen on two other Samsung devices with same apps installed (S5 phones).

I suspect it is a Linux bug in dealing with caching router address in bridged networks.
    WinoutB likes this.
    09-26-2016 08:08 AM
    I have the same issue, with anything having to do with the internet. all of a sudden, no internet connection pops up, but the wifi connection to the router is still there. I have to turn wifi off and then back on to regain my internet connection.

My Samsung Galaxy tab 2 is only 6 months old, problem did not surface until the last security patch update in June. Current happens on my Netgear R7000 router, happens a lot less on a new builtin router that I just upgraded to with SAT modem with my Sat provider Exede
    10-28-2016 06:18 AM
    I have same problem. Started after about 1 month, have to reboot now about once per day to clear problem. When it occurs, turning wifi off works, but cannot turn back on. It actually moves radio button back to off after about 10 secondo. I have updated to most recent patches. Does not happen on two other Samsung devices with same apps installed (S5 phones).

I suspect it is a Linux bug in dealing with caching router address in bridged networks.
    Have you found a sollution yet? My S2 8" (2016) has issues multiple times in a few hours, sometimes works flawless for days. It's really weird that we can't turn the Wifi radio button back on. Have you got any suggestions on what to try?
    11-15-2016 02:41 AM
    I am having the same problem with wifi connection. When i play games like bingo it will now disconnect me while playing the game. I wonder if it has something to do with the S2 even though connected keeps searching for wifi signals. My S2 was working fine for 6 or 8 months but now it is becoming aggravating. Anyone have any other insight?
    12-28-2016 07:55 PM
    Hi I have just received a Samsung Galaxy S2 and find that when I play clash of clans or Zynga Poker I lose connection to the router... I have tried both 2ghz and 5ghz with different channels. My net connection was working fine because I was streaming through tv at time... This is happening every time I play these 2 games also Web browsing is really slow?
    Speedtest is running at 200mb with 17ms ping? I have only had tab 2 weeks is it worth getting hold of Samsung support

Regards
    01-03-2017 09:05 AM
    I bought a galaxy s2 table 8.0 at the end of December from B & H Superstore. It has the exact same problem. It may happen three times in an hour, or may not happen over three days of constant use. The wireless network connection stops working with no routers visible under the Wifi settings. When you try to turn on the WiFi, it finds no networks and switches itself back off after a couple of seconds. Bluetooth is not affected, and works fine when this happens. The only way to fix it is to restart the tablet. I have tried everything from updating my router's firmware to resetting the tablet to the factory installation. Nothing has worked. Since this is an intermittent problem, it is very difficult to address.
    01-08-2017 09:28 AM
    I had a similar problem with my galaxy S2 9,7. I solved it by changing the DNS. Now it's perfect.
    01-13-2017 06:55 AM
    I had a similar problem with my galaxy S2 9,7. I solved it by changing the DNS. Now it's perfect.
    Aluado, how did you change your DNS?
    01-13-2017 10:31 PM
    This is one way. You must be connected to the network you are having problem with. Then go to settings, wifi, end then press and hold on the network you are connected. Choose manage network settings and then show advanced options. On IP settings choose static, then look for DNS 1 and DNS 2. I use the Google DNS. On DNS 1 write 8.8.8.8 and on the DNS 2 write 8.8.4.4 and save. I had to do this on the 2 networks I was having problems with the connection. Good luck
    01-14-2017 07:10 AM
    Aluado, thanks for the information. Unfortunately, I have already tried the static IP configuration with the Google DNS IP addresses. These IP addresses (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4) are actually the default values for the DNS when the static IP configuration is selected on my Tab S2 8.0 tablet.
    01-14-2017 06:56 PM
    I have had my Tab S2 for a few days and experienced regular disconnections from my home router. The tablet would reconnect automatically, but it was still annoying. Searching the web I found a setting possibly responsible: Nearby device scanning (under More connection settings). I switched this Off and have not had a single issue over the last 24 hours. )
    Hope this helps some of you!
    belodion likes this.
    01-15-2017 04:38 AM
    I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2. Received first one for Christmas. Out of the box have had constant wifi connection issues while I will be playing games or surfing internet. Happened while hooked to 2 different hotspots (one AT&T and one T-Mobile), even had hooked to my Sprint phone piggy backing the home hot spots. Took to work, hooked up to 2 different networks - still same result - Dumping internet connection. Returned that tablet to Costco and exchanged for another one. Same exact issues. Called Samsung - wasted hours of my life as they tell me they have not had any reported issues that I can either send it to them for repair (as I tell them it is BRAND NEW) or wait until the next update comes out and that will surely fix the issue. So I wait.. and wait.. and last week this update came out - I install, and cross my fingers as I do my nightly Clash with friends.. RECONNECT... UGHH!!! I LOVE this tablet other than this issue.. I hate to return it just to keep hoping that I get one that does not have this issue.. Any suggestions???
    I have restarted every hotspot, router and connection it has been hooked up to and it still does it - just FYI.
    01-24-2017 09:18 AM
    I have had my Tab S2 for a few days and experienced regular disconnections from my home router. The tablet would reconnect automatically, but it was still annoying. Searching the web I found a setting possibly responsible: Nearby device scanning (under More connection settings). I switched this Off and have not had a single issue over the last 24 hours. )
    Hope this helps some of you!
    Thanks!My tablet was losing connection constantly for a couple hours (grrrr)... turned off the Nearby Device Scanning and haven't the issue for the last hour.
    02-11-2017 10:55 AM
    my samsung tablet keeps dropping the wifi but my wife's in the next roon doesn't even when we swap rooms
    03-25-2017 01:58 PM
    my samsung tablet keeps dropping the wifi but my wife's in the next roon doesn't even when we swap rooms
    Welcome.

Perhaps yours has different apps downloaded, one of which may be causing trouble? If so, try Safe Mode diagnostically.
    03-25-2017 04:12 PM
33 12