how can I sync the onbord calendar on my S4(verizon) with the onboard calendar on my pc(windows 10)?

A

AC Question

I would like to syncronize the calendars on my S4 and PC so that I can edit entires from either devise.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The best solution is to use Google Calendar, and make sure you're entering events on the phone into the Google Calendar account on the Calendar app, not the local Device Account calendar. That way, events are immediately synced to your Google Calendar in the cloud, and you can easily view or edit them in your browser on the computer.

The local Device Account calendar on a phone or tablet doesn't sync anywhere automatically--you usually have to install some clunky sync program on your computer to sync (usually with Outlook), and there are often various glitches that occur, since the fields may be different. Unfortunately, events that have already been entered into the Device Account calendar can't be easily switched to the Google account, so you'd have to reenter them.

exapplerep

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I use Informant on my Nexus to manage both Contacts and Calendars. The app is actually using the internal databases of Google's apps (which sync with Google in the Cloud).

On my PC (and my Mac) I use Thunderbird for eMail. There are two free add-ons that will sync your Google Contacts and Calendars with TBird's Addressbook and the Lightning calendar. IIRC, they're "gContactSync" and "Provider for Google Calendar". Works flawlessly on all of my devices (Android, OSX, Windows 7, iOS).