Water damage, possible short circuit?

A

AC Question

I have a ZTE with Tracfone Wireless. I accidentally put it in the washing machine, for a full cycle, and didn't notice until afterwards.

When I pulled my phone out, it was off, the screen had water damage, and it was continuously vibrating. The phone was on when it went in the washing machine, but now it will do nothing but vibrate.

I removed the battery immediately. Any time I put the battery towards the direction it is intended to fit, aligning the positive charge with its corresponding prongs (? forgive me, I don't know much about this type of technology) the vibration continues.

I thought it may have been an issue with the battery, so I tried plugging my phone in without the battery, and the vibration continued then too.

Is this a short-circuit? There is no SIM card and everything is stored internally. Should I consider everything on my phone to be gone forever?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It's dead. Devices don't survive that kind of water damage. Your data is unfortunately gone, except for any Google app data that normally syncs automatically with your Google account in the cloud. Photos are gone as well, unless you turned on Google Photos Auto Backup.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95