New Phone. Drains Battery Pretty Fast

PrasadN

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hey There Community. I bought this device called YU Yunique from a Online Retailer last week and I got this device on Sunday. Now this Device has a Snapdragon 410 Quad Core Processor, 1 GB RAM and the battery is of 2000 mAH and runs Stock Android Lollipop 5.1.1
Well, as I am using it since Sunday (19th October) I saw that the battery was draining real quick. Now I know that this mobile has 2000 mAH battery but I saw other guys stating that this device works like 12-16 hours with Moderate/Average Usage. I use the device to surf, to check my Facebook,Twitter, Skype, and YouTube sometimes.
I saw a Gaming Review of this Device in which the guy the was at like 68% of battery at 1:09 PM and He played 4-5 Heavy FPS Games and He played it for like 28 mins and his battery drained only 8% ! Well, when I'm just playing Clash Of Clans for like 6 mins, it drained like 6-8% ! Now this seems horrible to me and I tried to search up different thread regarding this issue but none of them were working.

I tried the following Methods to save my Battery :
1. Installed Battery Doctor and uninstalled it in an Hour (Of No use!)
2. Disabled Location, GPS, Bluetooth, Google Now, Auto WiFi Scan, etc..
3. I've enabled Battery Saver (When comes built in with Android Lollipop 5.1.1)
4. Cleared Cache Partition
5. Drained the battery till 0% and recharged it.
6. Used a Third Party Launcher like the Nova Launcher (I heard that it saves battery so I used it)

Well, none of the above solutions worked. I heard that using a black wallpaper might help but as my display is an LCD IPS Display, I guess it won't. Well, I'd say the Battery is good on Standby. Like it shedded like 1% in 6 Hours on Standby so I guess that's Amazing.

I'm gonna attach some GSAM Battery Stats with this Post and I guess it will give you guys some clue. I'd Appreciate anyone helping me out with this issue. And I'm thinking to either return this device or call the customer support ?

Thank You. 30.jpg31.jpg30.jpg

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 12
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 12

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

Android OS and Android System are high in the stats. It may be best to make a fresh start with a Factory Reset, backing up and restoring only important stuff. When setting up again, let the OS do its job....don't bother with all those battery-saving apps and tweaks. Give it time to settle down.

Marcin Stachurski

May 8, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central. :)

Android OS and Android System are high in the stats. It may be best to make a fresh start with a Factory Reset, backing up and restoring only important stuff. When setting up again, let the OS do its job....don't bother with all those battery-saving apps and tweaks. Give it time to settle down.

+1

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke