how to fix unfortunately google play store has stopped on a galaxy note 1

A

AC Question

the error messsage "unfortunately google play store has stopped" keeps on poping every now and again causing it to be slow

mudgypsy

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
This is a very misleading error message. I've been grappling with this error message for months. Thinking I had a faulty phone. No amount of clearing data and cache for any app had any impact. This is the typical advise you'll find for these error messages. Factory resets also did not solve the problem.

I finally learned with the help of a tech guy at some phone shop that the actual problem is a failure to connect to which ever google server is involved in the error message. In this case "google play store". But I've had the message appear for google maps and google search and other google apps and all the while it is because the connection to some google server somewhere is timing out.

So the upshot is: when I get this message, I know I have a bad network connection or the google server might be down or slow and I just have to wait until it is good again. Sometimes, turning off data connection and turning on a wireless connection solves the problem...for the moment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech