Galaxy s6 Edge+ will not connect to gear S2 watch

A

AC Question

I have tried connecting my Edge+ to gear s2 watch, but the message i get is "check if your phone is compatible and if the Samsung galaxy app needs to be updated, then try again". How can i get it to connect?
I have checked for the latest version of gear manager by going to apps.samsung.com/gear and i see that i have the latest version installed. Also i purchased the watch from korea and the default language seems to be Korean.

jaynz

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi I also had the same problem, however I had been using my gear s2 with my galaxy s5, after many hours of reading all your forums, and researching the samsung site I accidentally found my solution, I had to factory reset the gear s2;
Press home button , then settings, gear info, reset gear, factory reset
And then once it restarted it pared not a problem with my new s6 edge +, so the issue could be that the watch has previously been paired with another device and needs to be reset.

I hope this helps?

jlt14500

Apr 9, 2016
Visit site
I was having the same problem. This time I turned off bluetooth on s6 and installed gear. Reset the watch. Turned WiFi on the s6. When gear said turn on Bluetooth I hit cancel the the gear app installed. Funny that. Then app turned on Bluetooth automatically , the s6 and s2 watch paired and all is good. Hope this helps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance