My screen is black, but my phone is functional.

A

AC Question

On my Galaxy S6, I opened up Plants vs Zombies 2, but it wouldn't load, so I pressed the home button. It took me home, but now the screen is black. It looks like I can technically navigate through my apps, but perhaps only some of them. I'm not sure.

Here's what's going on:

1) My notification shade is fully functional. I can see it. However, if I do anything like open the settings menu, I can't see it.

2) I can unlock my phone. The number pad is functional.

3) I managed to open up a random app on my home screen I think by touching my screen at random places.

4) Figuring that if I know the placement by memory, I held down my power button to force reset, but after holding it and touching the screen where the buttons should be, nothing's happening.

5) However, I managed to take a picture by navigating to the camera via double home button clicking and then pressing where the take picture button is (knowing it by memory).

This is very frustrating. Even if I had to do a factory reset, I wouldn't be able to without being able to read the prompt (if there is one). Right now I'm thinking I'm gonna let my phone battery die completely by having max screen brightness, but that itself is risky.

What's happening? What do I do?