Why is the status bar going nuts?

A

AC Question

I've got an LG G3 with Android 4.4.2. The status bar at the top of my phone keeps rolling up and down. I mean the icons go up and down, like when I receive a new text notification, etc. Swiping up and down is not a problem, but the status bar keeps rolling up and down. And lately the battery gets hot quickly, and the battery drains very fast -- way too fast for normal.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Not to be alarming but is there a possibility that someone has installed a tattler app? The screen will sometimes light at odd times when you're not even using our touching the device, the battery may drain faster than normal, and odd apps may show in your multi tasking list.

Otherwise open your app drawer and sort by recent. Look into those apps for people reporting similar problems. Read the reviews for the apps for similar issues.

Posted via the Android Central App

wcmarchese

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've got an LG G3 with Android 4.4.2. The status bar at the top of my phone keeps rolling up and down. I mean the icons go up and down, like when I receive a new text notification, etc. Swiping up and down is not a problem, but the status bar keeps rolling up and down. And lately the battery gets hot quickly, and the battery drains very fast -- way too fast for normal.

My Galaxy Note 4 from Sprint is doing the same thing. I thought maybe it was due to signal searching and stuff. Only does it sometimes. Doesn't affect anything. Just makes me nervous. On jellybean. Just got the phone about a month ago.

wcmarchese

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Also I've noticed that if I kill the RAM it stops it sometimes resetting phone stops it. Or if I am indoors. I don't know if it's an app or if its signal because Sprint has this new service called spark. I don't think it is that though, but it is very strange. Doesn't seem to be affecting anything else.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
If you're not getting ads thru your notification bar this may not help but maybe an app is trying to send you push notifications and something in your device is trying to block them. There's an app called air push that detects apps with too many permissions and ones that send push notifications.

Also are either of you running virus ware? It's very rare that Android gets viruses and most feel that virus ware is pointless on Android. Try disabling it for a day and see what your results are.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463