Why does my phone started talking.

A

AC Question

Hi - I am new to the forum. Every now and again my Wife's Samsung S5 starts talking - it is a male voice that is talking about cars and driving. Driving mode is off and no apps are open.

Sensible replies only please.

eatrunsail

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
This started happening on my S4 galaxy mini about 4 or 5 days ago. The male voice starts talking about car batteries and pistons. I have uninstalled every app that was not resident on the phone when I bought it, and reinstalled after checking them for malware with Norton. It is driving me nuts as it happens sporadically. Is it since the last update? Not sure about that.

Talk Back is disabled on my phone now, as is S Voice. Any ideas ANYONE?

(But after seeing your note, at least I know I am not the only one!)

MJWillick

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
Following because my phone is doing the same thing and I can't seem to figure out where the heck it's coming from. I've run a ton of different malware programs etc to see if anything comes up, and run my antivirus but nothing shows as intrusive. I'd love to hear if anyone else has found a solution - I was beginning to think I was the only one this was happening to!

eatrunsail

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
I have an update, and hopefully, a fix the for this problem.

I did a chat session with a Samsung agent who was little help so I escalated to a supervisor, and we delved a little deeper.

What this person had me do was change the Text to Speech setting in the ACCESSIBILITY options from Samsung to Google.

Apparently this is a new feature since the last software update.

After I did that, the problem seems to have stopped. I have left the phone turned on, and untouched for several hours at a time now without hearing the random talking.

I hope this helps you as well. I would be interested to know so if you would report back here with your results that would be really helfpful. Thanks and good luck!

MJWillick

Oct 30, 2015
Visit site
I have adjusted my setting to reflect what you've mentioned. I'll keep you posted if it stops or continues. It's been fairly random. Happened a couple of weeks ago, for a few nights in a row. I thought it was done, then has done it a few nights this week too! Cheers & thanks for the advice! :D

Julie Solis

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I dont know why my phone started talking to me either. It just told me, "Shut up and accept your hardships." I didn't receive any new text, emails or voice mails. Help it's kinda freaking me out...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you're serious about this, then it's possible that some kind of malware was installed to the phone. Has this recurred?