Where do i locate clipboard on my Galaxy S6 Edge + & retreive informatio from it?

A

AC Question

I've never been able to locate the clipboard on any phone I've own. Now something important was copied there & REALLY would like to get it back.....

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The clipboard is part of the system, and is not a separate app. It is very transient, and only holds the last thing that was copied to it. If you copy something else to the clipboard, the previous text that was in there is gone. To find out what is currently in the clipboard, go to any empty text field (like in a note-taking app), long-press the text field, and tap Paste.

BrendanRMurphy

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site
The second part of B. Diddy's statement is simply not true. I have used Android OSs for years on my phones from version 4.3 to 6.0.1. The clipboard can hold multiple items (text, pictures, etc.). To see what's in your clipboard, go to a text field (like Memo) and tap and hold in the field. When the option pops up, tap "Clipboard." (You may have to tap the three vertical dots above "More" first). This will display ALL the items contained in your Clipboard, which you can select or delete. He would have been correct if he was referring to the Clipboard in an MS Windows OS.
Welcome to Android Central! The clipboard is part of the system, and is not a separate app. It is very transient, and only holds the last thing that was copied to it. If you copy something else to the clipboard, the previous text that was in there is gone. To find out what is currently in the clipboard, go to any empty text field (like in a note-taking app), long-press the text field, and tap Paste.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The second part of B. Diddy's statement is simply not true. I have used Android OSs for years on my phones from version 4.3 to 6.0.1. The clipboard can hold multiple items (text, pictures, etc.). To see what's in your clipboard, go to a text field (like Memo) and tap and hold in the field. When the option pops up, tap "Clipboard." (You may have to tap the three vertical dots above "More" first). This will display ALL the items contained in your Clipboard, which you can select or delete. He would have been correct if he was referring to the Clipboard in an MS Windows OS.

Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for your input! I was speaking from the perspective of using primarily Nexus devices, where "stock" Android doesn't have that capability. I don't think my other non-Nexus devices (ASUS Zenfone 2 and Honor 5X) have that capability either. As sfoLAX mentioned, I have since become aware that other manufacturer UIs (notably Samsung's TouchWiz) do have more built-in functionality. I'd try to find every instance like this where I gave this kind of response so that I could correct it, but that's pretty difficult on this forum, especially given my post count!;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy