My Samsung Galaxy S4 keeps losing battery!

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
It was fine before but since October 26, 2015, my Samsung Galaxy S4 suddenly kept losing battery so fast! It loses 1% every 5 minutes or so... This only happens when I'm not using it despite the screen being off. The "Auto brightness" setting is enabled and "Power saving mode" is also enabled. In the "Power saving mode" settings, the "Use low brightness level for screen" and the "Turn off haptic feedback" options are both enabled. Why did this happen? I've been using auto brightness for more than a month and it has been working fine until now. I tried enabling the "low brightness level" option in the "Power saving mode" but it didn't work! When I'm using my Samsung Galaxy S4, it doesn't lose battery so fast, but when the screen is off and I'm not using it, it loses battery so fast! How do I fix this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

Also, are you able to try a different battery?

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I'll try that, but I have something else to say. I deactivated my Samsung Galaxy S4's number 8 months ago, and from then on often enabled airplane mode. Sometimes, I disable airplane mode. I tried enabling mobile data from time to time (it displayed "3G" even though it isn't working anymore) until now. Yesterday, I tried disabling airplane mode, and then enabling mobile data. It didn't display the "3G" sign anymore. But when I disabled mobile data again, and enabled airplane mode, the battery started to drain so fast, especially when the screen is off. For example, my Samsung Galaxy S4 is off and has 97%. But then, after 1 or 2 hours, it suddenly goes down to 42%! My Samsung Galaxy S4 usually loses 1% every 5 minutes or so right now. I haven't tried a different battery yet, by the way.

Rikku Watro

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
it says Google+ is draining the battery even though I'm not using Google+ at all! It just loses 1% every 5 minutes or so!

Attachments

• 1445952802600.jpg
    1445952802600.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 1445952819920.jpg
    1445952819920.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 3